Feedom vs. Voyager class

I haven't sailed on RCCL since 1998 but I'm looking to book something for Fall with my husband, my then 1 year-old daughter and maybe my mom. I've been lured from NCL by the in room babysitting and activities for toddlers I hear that RCCL offers. At first I was thinking of doing a Freedom class ship b/c of the "baby zone" that I've heard she's allowed in but the Explorer of the Seas is out of NY which is close to us.

So my qustion is, asside from the "baby zone" and the flow rider (which I'm not to interested in) what are the major differences between the Freedom and Voyager class ships? Is it worth the flight to FL to get on the Freedom/Liberty? What will we be missing out on if we do the Explorer instead ? I know you RCCL experts will have the scoop for me. Thank you so much for any info/advice.

I haven't sailed on RCCL since 1998 but I'm looking to book something for Fall with my husband, my then 1 year-old daughter and maybe my mom. I've been lured from NCL by the in room babysitting and activities for toddlers I hear that RCCL offers. At first I was thinking of doing a Freedom class ship b/c of the "baby zone" that I've heard she's allowed in but the Explorer of the Seas is out of NY which is close to us.

So my qustion is, asside from the "baby zone" and the flow rider (which I'm not to interested in) what are the major differences between the Freedom and Voyager class ships? Is it worth the flight to FL to get on the Freedom/Liberty? What will we be missing out on if we do the Explorer instead ? I know you RCCL experts will have the scoop for me. Thank you so much for any info/advice.

Freedom class is often referred to as a stretched Voyager class ship. Unless you wish to sail on a ship that is newer or bigger then save some money on airfares and sail on Explorer :)

Warren and Yvonne

I didn't see a big difference in activities between the Freedom and Voyager class ships. If it were me, I would take the Explorer and save the airfare. Go and enjoy and when your daughter is a little older, splurge then and treat her to the Freedom class.

Especially with such a small child, I'd save the hassle of the air travel and go on the Explorer!

The one major thing you'd be giving up by not sailing on the Freedom Class ship is the H20 Zone which is a lot of fun for small children... although probably more for children slightly older than your daughter.

Thank you for the advice. If the H20 zone is the only thing we'll miss then it really isn' t worth the hassle of flying. On the last cruise with our daughter we brought an inflatable pool for the balcony which seemed to please her enough (at 6 months old anyway) I'm not sure she would love the "baby zone" that much more than her little pool even at 1 yr old.

Archived