Workout room

Odoyal Rulez

I have a feeling the lady that called me from carnival has either never been on a ship, or is totally lying in order to sell tickets...

Earlier I posted a thread where she told me the bathtub was big enough for 2 people..which was quickly debunked by you guys.

I also asked her if the workout room had any freeweights/benches or just some cable machines and treadmills....she was like "Oh no, its got everything, lots of weights all over"

But i started thinking today, thats not exactly safe on a ship, right? i mean one bad storm and your gonna drop a couple hundred pounds of weights on the floor, or even worse on yoruself if your working out...

Anyone that is into fitness and has ridden on a fantasy class ship able to detail their workout room for me, im an avid weightlifter and I cant bear the thought of not working out the entire time im at sea.

I don't know about Fantasy class, but on the 3 ships I've been on (2 Spirit class, 1 Conquest class) the gym DOES indeed have free weights ~ and lots of them. :) There are benches, and incline benches ~ I don't know the terminology, but several different gizmos that my son (who is also an avid weight lifter) used.

Yes, there are also the weight machines. Plus treadmills, elipticals and bikes as well as floor mats and exercize balls. Very well equiped. Enjoy! :)

I'm not sure about the fantasy class of ships, but the workout rooms i've since on ships have the general options for cardio (bikes, treadmills, elipticals). They usually have an multi-purpose resistance training machine. You know the ones that are all pulleys and you can do some presses and some pulls. I was actually surprise to see a good amount of dumbbells on my last cruise. Everything up to 55 lbs, so its not ideal. You won't be able to max out or anything, but you can get a good pump!

Remember, the ship has stabilizers, and they take it easy during the day. They will avoid rough waters if possible. They try to keep the ride smooth so you can enjoy all the activities. Nights are when they try to make time and there's more likely to be motion, but the gym won't be open then.

Not sure which ships are fantasy class, but plenty of dumbbells up to 75 lbs. But for free weights that's about all they have. If you can do your entire workout with dumbbells you'll be fine...I can't. Another problem is many people don't abide by normal weight room etiquett(spelling), grab a couple of dumbbells and hang on to them for an hour so you're kind of screwed if you need that weight. The machines they have on almost all I have been on are those keiser resistance machines and I don't personally like them at all. I was however able to get a reasonable workout so as not to turn completely to flab so its not all bad!!! Plenty of cardio torture machines as well.

Not exactly apples and apples comparison here, but last year I was on the Glory and their weightroom was pretty good. I have been in bodybuilding for 33 years and can honestly say you can get a good workout onboard. Don't expect your neighborhood gym but they had some cool machines and plenty of dumbells. You won't find free weight benchpresses. There was a lat pulldown machine. Plenty of treadmills also.

You can get a good basic workout in. That's all you should expect being on vacation.

Archived