Sandman Hotel

Sandman Hotels are a chain and they usually are in the lower price range. I have stayed at a few of them (not in Vancouver) and they are usually clean but very basic. I'm presuming there could be more than one Sandman in Vancouver so it might to let us know which one in particular you are staying at.

I've stayed in a couple of Sandman Hotels in the past. They're clean and basic - pretty much what you'd expect from a Days Inn or a Best Western.

Some Sandman Hotels are also better than others so if you want more specifics, it would help to know which particular hotel you are looking to book, and what you are looking for in a hotel.

Please come back to this board and let us know and we'll try to help you out as much as we can.

There are two Sandman Inns in the downtown core - one on Georgia Street close to the civic theaters and sport stadiums - the other located on Davie Street and closer to Stanley Park, the False Creek Seawall, Granville Island - the Davie street shopping and eating experience is more ma and pa than the other areas of the downtown core.

You won't go wrong with either one.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I have been in rooms in the Georgia St. Sandman Inn and the rooms are clean and bright. Sandman is a chain that is owned by a prominent BC family who do a pretty good job. There is a sports bar on the ground floor called the Shark Club but the only way that would impact you would be if you were there one of the nights the BC Lions, our CFL team, played a home game. It is on a major transit artery so you can go almost any where in the city from Georgia St. transit plus walk to most downtown sights. It is hotel that is often overlooked by those of who post on this thread and for no good reason, its just kind of a sleeper....I would stay there.

I am thinking about booking the one downtown on Georgia street because it is only about 10 miles from the suspension bridge that I want to go to. And it say it is only 6 blocks from all the shopping. Thank you all for you replies. I really appreciate it. THANK YOU:) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you putterdude for your information becasuse I do believe I am going to book this hotel. I have also read the reviews and they all good. So thank you again putterdude you are so great for giving all these people information that will help when the travel to Vancouver. Thank you so much........:) :) :) :)

I am thinking about booking the one downtown on Georgia street because it is only about 10 miles from the suspension bridge that I want to go to. And it say it is only 6 blocks from all the shopping. Thank you all for you replies. I really appreciate it. THANK YOU:) :) :) :) :) :)

It is a good choice because it is only a couple of blocks away from the skytrain station. If you are planning to take public transit to Capilano Suspension Bridge, you would take the skytrain to the waterfront station, where you can board the seabus to North Vancouver. Here's the link to the public transit website (translink)

If you plan on renting a car, there is also a car rental desk in the Sandman Lobby (Discount Car rental)

The hotel is also a short walk to Pacific Centre and Yaletown. There is a restaurant (Moxies) and a good bar/restaurant (Shark Club) on site.

While The Sandman W Georgia is not as centrally located as other hotels, the core is still very much walkable from it; therefore, IMHO, you are getting good value for your money.

Archived