Booking cruise via TV

PIPER50

Hi everyone

This is my first post and I'm from Scotland, UK. Just wanted to alert anyone particularly in the UK about booking a cruise via TV. In January this year I booked a 14 night cruise via Sky TV. The holiday I phoned about was unavailable but Thomas Cook the TA advised me of another that might suit my needs. I decided to book the caribbean Panoramas cruise for 3rd April 09 after he described the ports etc to me. However I did not have a brochure with me at the time of booking and I have since discovered that to book the anniversary package (30th wedding anniversary)will now cost another £60 as I did not state this at the time of booking. So just a note to anyone thinking of booking without having a brochure to hand - check with the TA re special offers if you have a birthday, anniversary etc. As this is going to be my first cruise I didn't realise I should have asked these questions.

Also want to thank everyone for all the information posted - it has been invaluable. Can't wait for my cruise, even although it is a year away!;)

I decided to book the caribbean Panoramas cruise for 3rd April 09 after he described the ports etc to me.

Welcome to the boards!:) What ship are you on?

As for the anniversary package, that can be purchased at any time through NCL and you should have paid the same price whether you purchased it when you bought your cruise, or decided to later. And congratulations on 30 years!:)

Welcome to the boards!:) What ship are you on?

As for the anniversary package, that can be purchased at any time through NCL and you should have paid the same price whether you purchased it when you bought your cruise, or decided to later. And congratulations on 30 years!:)

We are going to be on the Jewel. It leaves Miami on 3rd April 09.:D

I booked my cruise for our honeymoon via our TA, because we didnt ask for the foc honeymoon package at time we booked we have to pay $69!!

Gutted

You have my sympathy. Hopefully people reading this who have not yet booked, will benefit where you and I lost out:(

Apparently if you book it before a certain date the package was FREE and even although I did book it before that date, NCL will not move and insist I pay for it as they said I should have let them know at the time of booking:mad:

I've read some wonderful reveiws on the Jewel. If you scour the boards you'll find all kinds of info, tips and suggestions. Also, if you check out the main board (you can get to that by clicking on Boards at the top of this page) you'll find Ports of Call and can plan for all the things you want to see and do at each place you're going to visit. And I'd also suggest finding the Roll Call for others that are going to be on your ship. From the main board just scroll down for Roll Calls, find your ship and sailing date. If there isn't one for your cruise yet, you can always start your own.

Have a great time!:)

I've read some wonderful reveiws on the Jewel. If you scour the boards you'll find all kinds of info, tips and suggestions. Also, if you check out the main board (you can get to that by clicking on Boards at the top of this page) you'll find Ports of Call and can plan for all the things you want to see and do at each place you're going to visit. And I'd also suggest finding the Roll Call for others that are going to be on your ship. From the main board just scroll down for Roll Calls, find your ship and sailing date. If there isn't one for your cruise yet, you can always start your own.

Have a great time!:)

Hi! Did as you suggested and joined the roll call. Will now do some research into ports of call. Many thanks for your help:D

Hi! Did as you suggested and joined the roll call. Will now do some research into ports of call. Many thanks for your help:D

You're very welcome.:D The research on the Ports of Call will keep you busy and excited until you set sail. So much to see and do. Have a great time!:)

Hi there!

We are from Scotland too! We cruised for the first time (from Miami!) last Nov and totally loved it.

Looking into NCL this time as DH wears a uniform to work every day and isn't enthralled with formal nights!!

Did you get your flights included with the price when you booked through the TV?

Hi there. Glad to hear you had a good cruise!

Yes, our flights were included from Glasgow, although I think you could get them from Edinburgh also.

However, I think in future if I enjoy my cruise and decide to go on another, I would check out prices of flights eg Flyglobespan and hotel accommodation before booking as it may be cheaper just to pay for the cruise and flights etc separately. Possibly book cruise in USA rather than UK!

Kind Regards

Archived