? to figure out budget

crystalh256

Personal choice. What works for me, doesn't work for everyone (and I use mine too much :eek: ).

I agree - for some I'm sure it's very tempting or not possible not to pay the balance off every month. But that's what I'm used to and plan for, so works for me. For others, maybe not so much. As long as you get to cruise is all that matters :D

We just got off a 5 day cruise. We only had one breakfast in our room. We left extra tips for our room steward and our waiters-they were amazing! I played bingo everyday-won 150.00 on the last day. Almost made up for what I spent. Bought a few onboard souveniers and a couple of photos. Also did a spa. We spent a total of 257.93 on our sign and sail card. Most of it was bingo. We took cash for the ports. I believe what you have budgeted is more than enough. I think that we had about 400.00 in cash and we left with cash-enough to pay for meals all the way home to Michigan.

That makes you a 'damn yankee' :D :p Hubby tells me that too.

Are you going to be doing some excursions or just play it by ear while in port? If playing it by ear, not big drinkers, and just bringing back the usual stuff for those left behind, me thinks you will be fine. Already paid for the dolphin swim, booked separately.

Bring small bills. You'll need them for tipping, taxis, purchases (don't want to hand them a 20 when you've bartered from $10 to $4).

I see you're going on the Holiday. I love that ship. Have a wonderful time!!

I don't understand why people don't want to use a credit card! for us it is just as an example to our kids. Delayed gratification and money doesn't grow on trees;)

We just got off a 5 day cruise. We only had one breakfast in our room. We left extra tips for our room steward and our waiters-they were amazing! I played bingo everyday-won 150.00 on the last day. Almost made up for what I spent. Bought a few onboard souveniers and a couple of photos. Also did a spa. We spent a total of 257.93 on our sign and sail card. Most of it was bingo. We took cash for the ports. I believe what you have budgeted is more than enough. I think that we had about 400.00 in cash and we left with cash-enough to pay for meals all the way home to Michigan.
Sounds like a pretty good trip!! Where in MI are you from? I was born and raised in Waterford (Detroit 'burbs).

I had planned on carrying cash for my days in port but I was going to use a credit card for my S&S. When you say "go pay it off in cash before the end of the week, or randomly throughout the week" does that mean you can not leave the charges on your credit card and take care of paying the credit card off when you get home from the cruise.

You can, but it looked like you were trying to avoid using a credit card (interest, etc). Any onboard charges left on card on the last day will be charged to the credit card on file. Anyone with a cash deposit will be paged repeatedly on the last morning to come settle their bill if they haven't done so, making the rest of us wait and wait and wait before they clear the ship....

Archived