We all enjoy these boards,for the most part...

drfun48

but is there anything about them you would like to change.Besides the occasional slowness or difficulty getting on,I find most of the posts helpful in planning or reliving those many great days at sea.

I guess the posts that I find mildly annoying are those in which someone sweats the small stuff.Heck a bad day at sea is better than a good day at work.

but is there anything about them you would like to change.

I miss the search option we use to have. I could find something specific I had a question about without any worries of repeating a post with the same question that was answered last month.

But I truly enjoy our web site and enjoy knowing there are others that love cruising as much as we do:D

John

I miss the search option we use to have. I could find something specific I had a question about without any worries of repeating a post with the same question that was answered last month.

But I truly enjoy our web site and enjoy knowing there are others that love cruising as much as we do:D

John

The search option is there but in a different place---right under the page numbers on top of the threads

I know it's not allowed according to CC rules, but I would appreciate being able to find out about "good" recommended travel agents. If it were possible to only allow recommendations from CCers who have, say, posted a minimum of 100 times (if some of you are familiar with flyertalk, there is an OMNI page or coupon exchange that you are only entitled to use if you have posted X number of times), that would alleviate problems of posters who are trolling.

Living outside of the U.S., I don't have the possibility of hearing about good agents from friends who have booked with someone. I use the opportunity of being on a cruise to get some new recommendations.

Would it also not be possible to install a PM (private messaging) useage for those that want to have it in their signature? I don't like including my eMail address in my signature, but would be happy to include a PM button to receive messages.

I know it's not allowed according to CC rules, but I would appreciate being able to find out about "good" recommended travel agents. If it were possible to only allow recommendations from CCers who have, say, posted a minimum of 100 times (if some of you are familiar with flyertalk, there is an OMNI page or coupon exchange that you are only entitled to use if you have posted X number of times), that would alleviate problems of posters who are trolling.

Living outside of the U.S., I don't have the possibility of hearing about good agents from friends who have booked with someone. I use the opportunity of being on a cruise to get some new recommendations.

Would it also not be possible to install a PM (private messaging) useage for those that want to have it in their signature? I don't like including my eMail address in my signature, but would be happy to include a PM button to receive messages.

My thoughts exactly! I feel like I have to sneak around if I want to give someone specific advice and then always wonder if the post will be pulled. I understand the trolls can be quite a problem though with TA's and tour operators.

Hi Sharon :)

Since there is no fee to read or post on cruise critic, I am assuming that cruise critic's only source of income is from paid advertisers.

If people were allowed to recommend TA's on this message board, it would be easy for a TA to promote their business either by being upfront about who they are or pretending to be a satsified customer.. This in turn would make TA's think twice about paying for an ad when they can market their business for free.

Ironically, I would be more likely to use a TA who never promotes her/his business but is a great asset to this website because they are so knowledgeable about the cruise industry, than one who consistently posts in "sell" mode.

Even though TA's aren't allowed to sollicit business on cruise critic I have seen a number of posts from a TA who has provided enough information in her posts for anyone to find the website for her travel business. Unfortunately, this is from a TA that I would never use, and the good TA's who post on cruise critic are too ethical to play this game.

but is there anything about them you would like to change.Besides the occasional slowness or difficulty getting on,I find most of the posts helpful in planning or reliving those many great days at sea.

I guess the posts that I find mildly annoying are those in which someone sweats the small stuff.Heck a bad day at sea is better than a good day at work.

Right on the mark. These boards have been super helpful.

Hi Sharon :)

Since there is no fee to read or post on cruise critic, I am assuming that cruise critic's only source of income is from paid advertisers.

If people were allowed to recommend TA's on this message board, it would be easy for a TA to promote their business either by being upfront about who they are or pretending to be a satsified customer.. This in turn would make TA's think twice about paying for an ad when they can market their business for free.

Ironically, I would be more likely to use a TA who never promotes her/his business but is a great asset to this website because they are so knowledgeable about the cruise industry, than one who consistently posts in "sell" mode.

Even though TA's aren't allowed to sollicit business on cruise critic I have seen a number of posts from a TA who has provided enough information in her posts for anyone to find the website for her travel business. Unfortunately, this is from a TA that I would never use, and the good TA's who post on cruise critic are too ethical to play this game.

You are absolutely right. The TAs that post "openly" are not ones I would choose to use. So, I guess I will have to continue hunting up the good ones - from fellow cruisers' recommendations - on each cruise that I take. Happy cruising!!

Archived