Is the Pan Pacific worth it???

Planning on a 2 night stay in Vancouver pre-cruise. The problem is the ship doesn't arrive at CP until approx. 6:30 pm and sails at midnight. I believe check in for passengers and their luggage will be around 4pm and boarding not until 8-8:30pm. If I stay at the Pan Pacific Hotel, I can have late check out at 3pm and my luggage just goes down an elevator to the terminal. No hassle but at what a price!!!

I have heard other hotels will secure/hold your luggage for you but most do not offer late checkout or if they do it's only if available when you arrive. If I check out at 11am like most hotels I will have to come back for my luggage later and lug it around until check-in on the ship.

Anyway my question is.......is the Pan Pacific worth the price?

Thanks, Barb :)

The Pan Pacific is a really great hotel. However, there are a couple of

questions to ask before commenting further.

What is the price and does it fit within your budget?

When are you travelling?

The Fairmont Waterfront across the street from the Pan Pacific is also a nice

hotel but the prices are probably comparable.

it's a great hotel and we got a deal thru travezoo for less than half the published price and it wasn't pay in advance, not cancellable!

depends on the price....it's a GREAT location for peeping at ships! not too much in the immediate area food wise...there is a little shopping center with some stuff under the hotel.

we loved it though!

Only you can decide whether or not the Pan Pacific is "worth it"! If you want something that costs less, you will end up with more inconvenience than you will if you stay at Canada Place.

As you already know, the hotel is built right on the pier and is expert in transferring luggage to the ships docked there at the proper time. Since they will allow a late check-out, you can have a leisurely day, spend a little time in the afternoon at leisure and come back to start the boarding process later in the day.

At any other hotel, you will have to do your own "transfer" - so maybe the cost would be "worth it"....

From our point of view, having stayed there a number of times, its a beautiful hotel, great service and location and we've always been pleased.

There is no question you are paying a premium price for a premium hotel in a premium location, is it worth it? Well that is up to you. There certainly are very good and less expensive hotels in fairly close proximity to the Canada Place terminal and you may be able to get a late check out, however you would have a cab fare. These hotels would be the Hyatt Regency on Burrard St., Hotel le Soleil which is a boutique hotle on Hornby St, and the Terminal City Tower Hotel just around the corner from CP on Hastings St. There obviously are many others but those are just top of mind ones.

vancouver.hyatt.com

http://www.hotellesoleil.com/

http://www.tctowerhotel.com/

Check the Pan Pacific for internet deals on a weekly basis I got our room down to $239. For us it was worth it. Also, the Pan Pacific makes arangements to with the cruise line to transfer your bags.

OMG, that is a totally good deal. I would personally pay that considering it's the Pan Pacific at Canada Place. For the convenience + late check-out alone, it is totally worth it. Some other hotels in the area are charging at least $200/night, and they are not even that close to the pier. (Just imagine what you would get for $239/night in Anchorage- a three star at best!)

Only you can decide whether or not the Pan Pacific is "worth it"! If you want something that costs less, you will end up with more inconvenience than you will if you stay at Canada Place.

As you already know, the hotel is built right on the pier and is expert in transferring luggage to the ships docked there at the proper time. Since they will allow a late check-out, you can have a leisurely day, spend a little time in the afternoon at leisure and come back to start the boarding process later in the day.

At any other hotel, you will have to do your own "transfer" - so maybe the cost would be "worth it"....

From our point of view, having stayed there a number of times, its a beautiful hotel, great service and location and we've always been pleased.

By worth it I meant since it's a 5 star price is it truly a 5 star Hotel luxury wise?

Check the Pan Pacific for internet deals on a weekly basis I got our room down to $239. For us it was worth it. Also, the Pan Pacific makes arangements to with the cruise line to transfer your bags.

Thanks Kathy I will keep checking the internet. I did find one site called "Five Star Alliance" that had the $329 room I reserved for $297 but I keep watching. Where did you find your great price? :) Barb

Yes, resolving the "hassle factor" of luggage in and of itself is WORTH IT :) Stayed there before one cruise. It is a lovely hotel, helpful staff, great views. I'd be staying there if we could afford it, believe me!! Most hotels in downtown Vcr are very expensive; with the extra bit you are paying for the PanPacific, you have EXTREME convenience. As to 5 stars? I'd say more like 4.5, but I'm kinda "high maintenance" :)

At that price it would be very tempting because during the height of the cruise season rooms are in the $400 range.

Archived