Enchantment 9-27-04 Virgin Cruise

As this was our first cruise, I read every post I could find regarding the Enchantment of the Seas. It was such a mixed bag of reviews that the more I read, the more apprehensive I became. Sailing day arrived and I was a total basket case!

We arrived at the terminal around noon to find a smiling face, directing us where to drop off luggage and where to park. We entered the terminal for check-in, 6 minutes later, we were walking up the gang-plank onto the ship. We were in awe! She is a beautiful ship. Another smiling face informing us that our suite would not be ready until 1:00 pm and suggesting that we get a bite to eat in the Windjammer on deck 9. It was a bit crowded but found a table outside and had a nice light lunch, winding down and people watching.

Time to check out our cabin. Since this was our first cruise and my 50th Bday, we chose the RS located on the deck 8. Very nice digs! Internet pics don't do it justice. Lots of room, nice comfortable furnishings and a chilled bottle of Moet waiting to be opened. Within minutes, our Steward appeared (Deroy) explaining the cabin amenities and ensuring our comfort.

After speaking with the Matre'd about a table change, we were assigned a table at first seating on the main floor. Our waiter (Ti) and assistant catered to our every need. We found a variety of menu choices, each well prepared and presented evening after evening. There was not much interaction with the Head Waiter (I am quite capable cutting my own lobster tail from the shell). There was however the obligitory "how are you" as he breezed past our table each evening.

Matt Baker was very entertaining and the shows were enjoyable. It was fun returning to our cabin each evening to find a different towel animal on our bed and delightful snacks for our enjoyment.

Atlantis submarine in Cozumel and Cave tubing in Belize was wonderful!!!!!!!!

A short review has now become a novel. In summary--We have found a new way of vacationing and can't wait to experience other ships and adventures.

Les Perkins

We were in the Royal Suite the week before you. There was some talk

that our cruise may have been extended for a day because of Jeanne

but as you know everything went on as scheduled. Wasn't the room

fabulous? Did they fix the tv in the bedroom? I guess the cruise before

ours the couple that was in there broke it so it wouldn't go up and down

with the remote. We ended keeping it in the up position the whole time.

I don't think we ever got all the lights figured out. We found out the shower is a steam

room by accident. We had touched a bunch of buttons on the

remote control thing and 20 minutes later the shower was all steamed

up. We were so busy we only used the jacuzzi tub once but I wished

we had used it more often. What a way for you to start out your

cruising career !! Where do you go from here?

Cat Girl

The TV remote was still broken but that was really okay. My only grip was someone had recorded over all the tapes for the baby grand and I lov piano. Those lights were confusing but Deroy showed us how to operate. We spent more time steaming than Jacuzzi--talk about a spa treatment! She is truely a magnificent vessel.

We are looking for the "right" cabin for a december cruise.

How long does it take to get rid of your sea legs? I'm still wobbling.

Glad you had a great time! I have cruised on her twice and sailed the week before you.Wonderful cruise. My sea legs can last a week! Honestly! I can barely stay on the treadmill. Anyway, DO book more cruises, just don't "step down" in the class of ships. I think you would be disappointed in the Sovereign, or one of the sister ships. I know I was.We really love the Voyager Class, especially the Mariner and Navigator. Ya gotta see them to believe them!

Archived