Castaway club benefits

PantherFan

I am getting ready for my next Disney cruise--haven't done one since 2005 and I forget.:rolleyes:

As a Castaway Club member to you get any benefits like $ off the room?

I think last time we just went to a party onboard.

I haven't received any special perks so just wondering what the Castaway Club card is for.

Thanks

Donna

I am getting ready for my next Disney cruise--haven't done one since 2005 and I forget.:rolleyes:

As a Castaway Club member to you get any benefits like $ off the room?

I think last time we just went to a party onboard.

I haven't received any special perks so just wondering what the Castaway Club card is for.

Thanks

Donna

As a CC member, you will get lanyards for your KTTW card upon checkin. You will get a gift in your stateroom, presently a nice canvas bag, a mesh bag, 2 water bottles, a pen and notebook, and a stack toy.

You will be invited to a "party" on board to meet the captain.

IF you rebook onboard, you will get a 10% discount on that reservation.

You probably don't really need the card. Your number is saved in the computer.

What happens if only one out of two cruisers is a member? Does the second person get to attend the reception as well? I know he/she won't get the gift in the room.

Also, what about checking in? I'm a member,but my mom is not...

Your Mom can attend the reception with you, you will get a paper invitation that you have to bring with you.

The return cruiser gift is one per cabin, so you wouldn't get a second gift anyway.

You can check in together, I would recommend checking in online and printing the necessary forms to bring with you to the check-in desk.

Sometimes the regular line at the port moves faster than the CC line.

Another perk is that you're able to book excursions, spa treatments, and meals at Palo 90 days ahead. Everyone else (unless you're in a category 1-3 stateroom) have to wait till 75 days ahead. It really does make a difference. You can begin booking at midnight via the Disney Cruise line webpage. You'll just need to register as a Castaway Club member ahead of time and have your reservation number to log-in.

When does the Castaway Club number come in the mail?

Ours came a month or two after we got back, I believe. If you want the numbers sooner, just contact DCL. They will give you the number.

• 3 weeks later...
I still haven't got my cards (6 months later), but I have the number from calling.

I haven't ever needed the cards. The number is in the system, and in my TA profile, which seems to be all that is needed. I have never needed my DVC card either.

Archived