tuxedo rental

misha1

OK, I am confused. Did you change the question on me:D . I haven't tried them; but they state that they have a tailor onboard to do minor alterations, and they have extra pieces. The key will always be getting good measurements to give them.

They are great to use. If you order prior to boarding it will be in your cabin the first day. Try it on and if there is any issues they will replace/alter/exchange. We had a problem with hubbys and someone came in 5 minutes, took care of it and he looked wonderful.

We've used them on DCL and RCCL cruises and only had minor issues - one year the pants didn't fit quite right (as I recall they sent the wrong size as we measure according to their site and have never had another issue). 2nd small issue was a wrong shirt being sent (it was a "suit" shirt, not a "tux" shirt) and we contacted them and had it replaced easily. They do have "extra" on board for these type things but dh always tries it on immediately and then calls for any changes.

It saves a TON of packing space (shoes, tux, 2 shirts, etc.).

I have used them twice and it is the most painless part of cruising. You don't have to pack it, carry it, press it or clean it. It shows up in your closet, you wear it, and the next day....it disappears! I get my measurements at a local rental shop before I sail and have never had a problem with fit, accessories, or wrong/missing items.

PS. The pictures of my DW and me on formal night....priceless!

I have used them on several RCI, Celebrity and Princess cruises and have had very good experiences. The one time that the pants were too long and the vest I had ordered was missing, a quick phone call resolved the issue quite quickly with the missing vest being delivered and the pants quickly altered. In these days of luggage weight restrictions being imposed by the airlines, the cost of the rental is minimal compared to the problems related to packing and carrying my formal wear to and from the ship. Quality of the tuxedo items has always been quite good and I highly recommend them.:)

This might be a silly question, but I am thinking of doing this for my BF on our upcoming cruise. He really doesn't have anything formal (he works in construction, skateboards, and his only nice outfit has no jacket). We're young and rather novice to formal wear (well, at least menswear).

My question, if we order this tux rental, would our cabin steward be able to help us with the bow tie? :o We certainly do NOT know how to tie these. Heh...:o

Any other suggestions?

We used the rental last year...it was great...my hubby does not like dressing up....it was less to pack that is why we did it. He wore the jacked, pants and shoes on the dres up night...he did not use all the frills like the bow tie...he felt good...they gave two shirts with the tux and it was there when we got on the ship...and you just clal for them to pick it up near the end of the cruise. ...will do it again this year

This might be a silly question, but I am thinking of doing this for my BF on our upcoming cruise. He really doesn't have anything formal (he works in construction, skateboards, and his only nice outfit has no jacket). We're young and rather novice to formal wear (well, at least menswear).

My question, if we order this tux rental, would our cabin steward be able to help us with the bow tie? :o We certainly do NOT know how to tie these. Heh...:o

Any other suggestions?

the tie is already tied, very easy.

Any other suggestions?

First of all you have to get him measured, any local dept. store will do this no charge. The tux comes with everything needed including a already tied bow tie & you can even rent shoes! Best of luck & have fun dressing "up".

Jan

Any other suggestions?

The bow tie is already made you just have to clip it together

Can anyone tell me if the tuxedo rental company used by RCCl is reliable, that is to say, the tuxedo comes with little or no need to alter or exchange?

I used them and it was great. The tux was in the room when we arrived. Needed the jacket changed from long to regular and it was done in a few hours. I would use the service again.

Peter

Hi,

I as well am considering renting a tux for my 5/18/08 sailing on Mariner OTS. Last year I had to pack more than my wife draggin the suit, shirts, ties, shoes etc.... This also weighed down my luggage. Does anyone know if they have "short" sizes for the coats. I'm only 5'7" and typically wear a short.

Thanks

Hi,

I as well am considering renting a tux for my 5/18/08 sailing on Mariner OTS. Last year I had to pack more than my wife draggin the suit, shirts, ties, shoes etc.... This also weighed down my luggage. Does anyone know if they have "short" sizes for the coats. I'm only 5'7" and typically wear a short.

Thanks

My hubby isn't taller than 5'8 and his tux fit him perfectly. Just send them the measurements. :)

Yes, we used it once and it was very reliable. Be sure to print out the measurement list, take it to a men's tailor, and get an exact and proper fitting. That makes quite a bit of difference.

BTW, if you have your own tux and just don't want to schlep it, you can personalize the rental by bringing your cufflinks/studs, cumberbund (DH brought his fave suspenders, but the rental pants didn't have the suspender buttons), pocket square, etc. He brought his own shoes and socks too (just couldn't stomach renting them). Still cut down quite a bit on what we had to pack.

beachchick

I used them for both our boys when they were about 12 as I didn't want to purchase 2 suits for them to wear once.

The suit packages were in their wardrobes when we arrived in the cabin and they both fit perfectly. They don't cover med sailings though for childrens hire.

I've bought them both sutis for this year though as with prom and 2 cruises I figured it would be better value.

We used them last year for our cruise on the Jewel as we had two formal nights and dh did not want to buy a tux. It was in our cabin when we boarded and the night before we docked the steward came and picked it up it was great.

We will use them again for our next cruise.

Christine

Hi, we hired on Jewel of the Seas last May. They measured my husband at the open afternoon when everyone has little stalls to show you what they do and then it was delivered to our cabin. Fit perfectly as they had tacked up the trousers etc and the bow tie was a clip one at the side.

Archived