Grand Suite

tgjr

We have cruised several times before, but never in a suite.

Therfore we do have some questions.

Is it any extra`s in the suite that yiu dont have in a regular balcony cabin?

We did see that it was bathrobes there.

I can answer some of this because I just booked my first GS! :)

You will get concierge service...slippers and robes...use of the concierge lounge...a better room service menu...bigger room...two sinks in bathroom...bathtub/shower combo in bathroom...bigger balcony...two credits vs one...priority embarkation...

French press to make your own coffee in the morning, surround sound TV/audio, real glasses in the room (water, champagne, red wine & white wine), upgraded lotion/shampoo/conditioner, cheese plate on formal night, cookies & chocolate covered strawberries on last night.

The concierge lounge is not offered on all RCCL ships. There are tons of threads on the suite perks and the concierge lounge. You can do a search and find lots of info. Keep in mind it is only the grand suite and above that offer the perks. All that being said, we are addicted to suites. After our first GS we can't go back. The GS is really lovely. The bathroom is much nicer than the JS. It is much bigger and has a double sink. There are tons of pictures of the GS on AOS if you click on the link in my signature. GS is the way to go.:D

All that plus we had a fruit basket delivered to us the second night. Plus we E-Mailed the concierge two weeks before we sailed and he not only made our reservations at Portofino's for us on the night we wanted to eat there but he also got us our tickets to the ice show so we did not have to stand in line for them.

I *think* the OP is sailing on Navigator if the past posting history is correct.

So that means concierge lounge with open bar in the evenings, tickets to the ice skating show, priority embarkation, petitfores and canapes, fresh fruit basket, robes, shampoo and conditioner bottles (not just the all in one gel in the shower), bathtub...etc.

No iPod hookup in our GS on Navigator - it was a standard TV surround sound setup (Sony). And the CD's I burned on my computer from music I bought on iTunes would not work. There is a CD library you can borrow from in the concierge lounge.

French press to make your own coffee in the morning, surround sound TV/audio, real glasses in the room (water, champagne, red wine & white wine), upgraded lotion/shampoo/conditioner, cheese plate on formal night, cookies & chocolate covered strawberries on last night.

french press???? where do you get boiling water???

No iPod hookup in our GS on Navigator - it was a standard TV surround sound setup (Sony). And the CD's I burned on my computer from music I bought on iTunes would not work. There is a CD library you can borrow from in the concierge lounge.

jeez RCCL needs to get with the program

french press???? where do you get boiling water???

Along with the French press there's an electric kettle that very quickly brings water to a boil. I was surprised at how quickly! It then shuts itself off.

We have cruised several times before, but never in a suite.

Therfore we do have some questions.

Is it any extra`s in the suite that yiu dont have in a regular balcony cabin?

We did see that it was bathrobes there.

Just know that when you have stayed in a GS..........it's hard to go back to anything else. :D :D

Rick

rubrrick is SOOOO right. For several cruises we had either a Grand Suite or an Owner's Suite, then on our last cruise on the Brilliance we had a standard balcony. I felt like I was in a closet the entire cruise. You can get spoiled in a hurry. Still, I feel that any cruise is a good one.

Always travel with a good attitude and an open mind.

We stayed in our first GS on the Serenade this past January. We loved it. Normally we have always stayed in a D-1 Balcony cabin. We'll have a JS on the Explorer in a few weeks, but can't wait to get back into a real suite when we have a GS on the Serenade again next January! :)

You will really enjoy the experience.

Eric

We are going into a GS on the Soveriegn of the Seas in Sept. Will we have these same amenities???

we were in a gs on mariner in march. everyone is right about the gs perks here...the only thing that i would add is that on mariner, your pass key to the concierge lounge (which is in your suite upon arrival) doubled as your v.i.p. ice show tickets....

We are going into a GS on the Soveriegn of the Seas in Sept. Will we have these same amenities???

There is no Concierge Lounge on Sovereign (I don't think...lol). So you would receive everything else. And someone said that those who don't have a CL get a bottle of wine upon arrival.

All else is the same.

crazy 4 cruising - I didn't mind the higher gratuities because we really got awesome service from our suite attendant. I know it's not the same for everyone, but we were very satisfied. :D

Archived