Booking River Cruises - early or later ?

River Decker

Hi Car-Stan,

Hi Diane,

I e-mailed you the requested information about the online TA we used and you hopefully will save some costs too. It just worked great for us. We were shopping around but could not find a better price.

• 2 weeks later...
I am new to this board, however have been a silent observer for some time. We booked our first European river cruise today - The Blue Danube Discovery with AMA Waterways in September 2009. We made our reservation through an online TA (which I also found here) and we got a great early booking discount. I shopped around quite a bit and their offer was the best.

Hi steamer61, could I get the contact info for your ta as well? We weren't able to commit early, so I'm just now trying to book an Xmas Danube Cruise and I need a lot of advice. TIA, roneyc (roneyc50@hotmail.com)

I would also like to post that Uniworld has recently released the 2009 brochure - you can get good savings if you book and pay in full by Sept '08.

For paying in fully by Sept '08 - $300 off per person for select sailings

For being a past passenger - $100 off per person (always)

There's also another promotion running for an additional $125 off per person...I heard about it from our travel/motor club where you can also book trips.

With the euro/dollar difference, these savings really do help.

I'm in the process of planning a Russia River Cruise and am leaning toward Amadeus. I would be interested in your opinion of them as you seem to have traveled with them quite a bit. I was a little concerned that others, like Viking and Uniworld are offering discounts on 2009 cruises but Amadeus has already closed early booking. I thought a year would be pretty early but I guess not. I, too, was contemplating waiting for a deal but I'm afraid they will sell out. Interested in your opinions. Thanks.

Hopefully Amadeus still uses the President Hotel in Prague--first class property, great location.

I am leaving on the 25th of Sept., European Heartland Cruise with Amadeus, our hotel in Prague is the President.

The President Hotel overlooks the river and is located away from the main tourist center (right next to the Intercontinental Hotel). You will have a brief 5 to 10 minute walk to the old town center and then another short walk to the Charles Bridge. Don't want to mislead anyone on the location--we loved it and enjoyed walking this spectacular city.

We leave for our Avalon Waterways cruise from Amsterdam to Basel in a few weeks and can't wait to get back to the Mosel region in time for the wine festivals.

Bill

just saw on the AMA website that they offer a special on some of the Christmas Time cruises giving away free air fare from New York with a small charge from other cities. Too bad we already have other plans and can't go. We are booked on the Legendary Danube in May and also got a great early booking discount through our TA.

It is my experience that most river cruises sell out way in advance. Last-minute specials are rare. Viking and Avalon are very nice, but Amadeus Waterways is probably my favorite for Europe. I am seriously considering yet another one, Provence 7 nights plus 3 hotel nights in Paris and Barcelona, in June 2009 a Very nice itinerary, and my TA can extend the early booking discount through the end of August. She's also an online TA who is great, in case anyone wants to contact her.

I am new to this board, however have been a silent observer for some time. We booked our first European river cruise today - The Blue Danube Discovery with AMA Waterways in September 2009. We made our reservation through an online TA (which I also found here) and we got a great early booking discount. I shopped around quite a bit and their offer was the best.

steamer61

would you please let me know the name of your online Ta sent it to miti300atgmail.com

thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived