How do pre-purchased spa packages work?

Sayyadina

My mother and I are going on the 3-day Eurodam cruise out of NYC and she is interested in spa stuff. She noticed there are some things listed on the 'gift' order form on the HAL site and was wondering how that works? This boat is going to be packed and we know it, if she orders something is she guarenteed a spot? Any information I can pass on to her would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jody in PA

We pre-ordered two 50 minute massages for our 7 day cruise last year and it ends up on your shipboard account and then you have to make the appointments and you can't do it until you're onboard. I recommend you immediately go to the Spa on boarding and secure your appt's.

Last year it was a savings of $20 for a $119 dollar massage but now they have eliminated that on the gift list to where it is no advantage to pay ahead.

Bob

I assume, though, that because you pre-paid for the services you are guaranteed a spot? As this is a big who-ha cruise, I'm expecting everything to sell out quickly. What if we get to the spa asap and they're already sold out?

Someone else may have a better answer, but from what I've gathered, you really are NOT guaranteed a spot.

If the spa is sold out, or no appointments are available for the times you want to go, you can apply the same dollar amount of shipboard credit to some other onboard activity or purchase.

I agree with Two if by Sea. There is no advantage to paying in advance because it does not guarantee an appt. As I mentioned, you would have to do that upon boarding and hope for a slot. Since it is a 4 day cruise, I have no experience to offer as to how many are interested in Spa treatments.

I haven't yet figured out an advantage to purchasing ANYTHING onboard ahead of time, with the exception of buying a gift for someone else.

(And I suppose that could apply to buying a gift for yourself, as well, so that it is prepaid and you feel more compelled to actually use the item than you would if you had to consider the cost at the time.)

I haven't yet figured out an advantage to purchasing ANYTHING onboard ahead of time, with the exception of buying a gift for someone else.

(And I suppose that could apply to buying a gift for yourself, as well, so that it is prepaid and you feel more compelled to actually use the item than you would if you had to consider the cost at the time.)

I agree!

Bill

Archived