Post-cruise hotel?

We're traveling with a group of 7, and I'm the only one who has enjoyed beautiful Vancouver before. Four of the group has only one day as we disembark in the morning (July) and they leave the next morning. My DH and 17 y.o. DS have an extra day.

Currently, we're book dat the Four Seasons, hope this is a central enough location. Comments?

For the one day we all have, I thought we'd do the carriage through Stanley Park and probably the Vancouver Trolley. Does that sound right? What about day 2? (actually just a morning and early afternoon)....

We're traveling with a group of 7, and I'm the only one who has enjoyed beautiful Vancouver before. Four of the group has only one day as we disembark in the morning (July) and they leave the next morning. My DH and 17 y.o. DS have an extra day.

Currently, we're book dat the Four Seasons, hope this is a central enough location. Comments?

For the one day we all have, I thought we'd do the carriage through Stanley Park and probably the Vancouver Trolley. Does that sound right? What about day 2? (actually just a morning and early afternoon)....

The Four Seasons is about as central as you can get, great hotel, great location above Pacific Centre, lots of restaurants you can walk to and lots of areas you can walk to. I think you have looked after day one very well. Day 2 because of your restricted time is a bit awkward, if you are returning to the US you need to be at the airport a min of 2 hrs before flight time and you need a min of 45 mins to get there. Therfore you may only have the morning so I would be inlcined to pick out an area or two that catch your interest while on the trolley and go back to them. Places like Robson St., Gastown and Granville Island you could do in the morning but if your time is limited Granville Is. will require a cab either way.

Thanks, Putter, for the input. Is the carriage tour something we should book ahead of time? I saw one online that was a "wagonette" to hold up to 12 people that would be roomy enough for the 7 of us - $399/hour is steep, but after paying for the cruise, airfare, a helicopter glacier landing for 7 people, I'm starting to lose track of what IS expensive!

Now on to the fun part, restaurant searching!

Thanks, Putter, for the input. Is the carriage tour something we should book ahead of time? I saw one online that was a "wagonette" to hold up to 12 people that would be roomy enough for the 7 of us - $399/hour is steep, but after paying for the cruise, airfare, a helicopter glacier landing for 7 people, I'm starting to lose track of what IS expensive!

Now on to the fun part, restaurant searching!

Something like that I would suggest that you book in advance.

Archived