Dancing on the Caribbean Princess , we just returned

bjcanady

We had a great week, our 11th on CB, 38th with Princess and 100 cruises total.

Our destination is the ship and more important the dance floor.

While we seldom have all the GREAT dancing music that we would love to have, we usually get in quite a bit of dancing on Princess, and this trip was no exception, we had a great trio in Wheelhouse, Fathom Trio, a quartet that wasn't quite upbeat enough for us but were ok, Geraldo Sa Quartet, the pool band Voltz played both by the pool and in Club Fusion and we danced with them also quite often, didn't care much for Junction 21 in Explorers, sounded ok but not good for dancing, for us. As is normal on most cruises, there were only 3 or 4 couples that danced all the time, the others would come in for a dance or two on occasion.

The weather was fabulous, our fellow passengers very nice, food very good, all in all , a very good week.

We had a great week, our 11th on CB, 38th with Princess and 100 cruises total.

Our destination is the ship and more important the dance floor.

While we seldom have all the GREAT dancing music that we would love to have, we usually get in quite a bit of dancing on Princess, and this trip was no exception, we had a great trio in Wheelhouse, Fathom Trio, a quartet that wasn't quite upbeat enough for us but were ok, Geraldo Sa Quartet, the pool band Voltz played both by the pool and in Club Fusion and we danced with them also quite often, didn't care much for Junction 21 in Explorers, sounded ok but not good for dancing, for us. As is normal on most cruises, there were only 3 or 4 couples that danced all the time, the others would come in for a dance or two on occasion.

The weather was fabulous, our fellow passengers very nice, food very good, all in all , a very good week.

I find it strange that so many people show up for the dance lessons and then when it comes to dancing they are not there. Some cruise lines are now starting to do away with the bands:(

I find it strange that so many people show up for the dance lessons and then when it comes to dancing they are not there. Some cruise lines are now starting to do away with the bands:(

If you ever saw me dance you'd know the reason :D

Hi bjcanady,

My husband and I met you a few months ago on the CB and enjoyed watching you dance. I spent most of my time watching Bert, but we did see you a few times in the Wheelhouse. Were there 2 aternating bands in the Wheelhouse on this cruise? On our last one in February, there was only one band, and the rest of the time there was either no music or only recorded music. We're hoping that Princess has gone back to two bands in the Wheelhouse each night.

Glad you had a good cruise.

Reggie

Hi bjcanady,

My husband and I met you a few months ago on the CB and enjoyed watching you dance. I spent most of my time watching Bert, but we did see you a few times in the Wheelhouse. Were there 2 aternating bands in the Wheelhouse on this cruise? On our last one in February, there was only one band, and the rest of the time there was either no music or only recorded music. We're hoping that Princess has gone back to two bands in the Wheelhouse each night.

Glad you had a good cruise.

Reggie

Hi Reggie.......sure we remember you, i think it was our sept cruise that we met..........yes, there were 2 bands in Wheelhouse, our favorite was "Fathom Trio", very good and played a lot of what we like to dance to, the other one was "Geraldo Sa Quartet" and they were fine but too much really slow stuff for us, they were more latin, which we love but not really exciting, they also stretched their breaks to the limit. But we still danced at least 3 hours a nite.....

managed to spend a little time with Bert, got in our hello hugs but of course after that he was packed as usual........he plans on leaving on April 27, (as i am sure u know" ,but said he would stay until early or mid May(don't remember exact date) if they wanted him to, but no longer.

They also had some very good musicans in the atruim......

Are the dance lessons offered on all the cruises typically or just certain ships? THanks!

Yes they have dance lessons on all sea days i believe, altho we don't attend, they are taught by members of the cruise staff.

Hi Reggie.......sure we remember you, i think it was our sept cruise that we met..........yes, there were 2 bands in Wheelhouse, our favorite was "Fathom Trio", very good and played a lot of what we like to dance to, the other one was "Geraldo Sa Quartet" and they were fine but too much really slow stuff for us, they were more latin, which we love but not really exciting, they also stretched their breaks to the limit. But we still danced at least 3 hours a nite.....

managed to spend a little time with Bert, got in our hello hugs but of course after that he was packed as usual........he plans on leaving on April 27, (as i am sure u know" ,but said he would stay until early or mid May(don't remember exact date) if they wanted him to, but no longer.

They also had some very good musicans in the atruim......

OMG.....want to hear more about this....this is interesting.....I am on one of the 4 nighters and was hoping he was going to be on there....he sent me an email and said he was bailing......so what's the chances of him staying?? inquiring minds want to know

OMG.....want to hear more about this....this is interesting.....I am on one of the 4 nighters and was hoping he was going to be on there....he sent me an email and said he was bailing......so what's the chances of him staying?? inquiring minds want to know

Sorry, all i know is that he is suppose to leave on April 27 but said he would stay a couple more weeks if need be, but no longer.

Morning B,

Great to see your posting...good to hear there is some good music on the Caribbean. Very disappointed that we we got moved to the Dawn, but I guess everything happens for a reason, right? I guess Alaska might be a little chilly for you and Kelvin...but we can hope.

Just winding up the Hawaii season and getting back to "Wheelhouse Mode"....it's funny how when you don't play that material for ten months or so, you forget it. We've been brushing up on it and forgot all the songs we used to do. Hard to get Tiny Bubbles and Hukilau out of your head. LOL

Anywho, vacation is coming and I promise promise promise to update the blog with tons of pictures. Stay well and hopefully we'll see you two soon.

Love,

Dave

Elua

Morning B,

Great to see your posting...good to hear there is some good music on the Caribbean. Very disappointed that we we got moved to the Dawn, but I guess everything happens for a reason, right? I guess Alaska might be a little chilly for you and Kelvin...but we can hope.

Just winding up the Hawaii season and getting back to "Wheelhouse Mode"....it's funny how when you don't play that material for ten months or so, you forget it. We've been brushing up on it and forgot all the songs we used to do. Hard to get Tiny Bubbles and Hukilau out of your head. LOL

Anywho, vacation is coming and I promise promise promise to update the blog with tons of pictures. Stay well and hopefully we'll see you two soon.

Love,

Dave

Elua

Aloha guys......we are also disappointed but we WILL sail together again...but not in Alaska ..and yes , one group was good but not up to your style.......still miss u both, and every time we went thru the cafe on seafood nite, i thought of Faline............luv u both...........enjoy your vacation, and i will write soon.

Barbara and Kelvin

Archived