What a Way to Go!!!

jsy

There will be no nursing home in my future...When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Carnival Cruise Ship. The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations at Carnival and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:

1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.

2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the

restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed every day of the week).

3. Carnival has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, washers and dryers, and shows every night.

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5

worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.

7. TV broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress

replaced? No problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your inconvenience.

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask

for them.

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare.

If you fall and break a hip on the Carnival ship they will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see San Juan, the Panama Canal, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Mexico, or name where you want to go? Carnival will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship.

PS And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at no charge.

how funny! I think I read somewhere that a widower lived/or lived if she is still alive, on the Queen Elizabeth. Did anyone else ever hear of that? I think I heard about it on the Discovery Channel during cruise week.

how funny! I think I read somewhere that a widower lived/or lived if she is still alive, on the Queen Elizabeth. Did anyone else ever hear of that? I think I heard about it on the Discovery Channel during cruise week.

I remember that story, but I thought it was on 60 Minutes a long time ago.

Her name is Beatrice Muller. She's around 84 and became a permanent resident on the QE2 in January, 2000. She was still there at the end of last year. I understand that she decided not to move to the Queen Mary II.

Stu.

JSY, One point you forgot.....instead of your relatives dreading the "nursing home visit', they will look forward to visiting you on the cruise ship every year. B&P

Yeah, another plus. They should really appreciate my thoughtfulness.

Archived