Seattle Hotels .. close to Tram?

Host Caroline

I am hosting a Cruise Critic group cruise to Alaska in June '05 (all welcome to join:) ) and thought I had a deal worked out with Red Lion but they wanted a contract etc. We need a nice hotel near the monorail etc. for two nights.. Has anyone stayed at hotel in downtown that you can recommend or any Seattle folks know of one???? Any help will be greatly appreciated:D

I assume you are aware that the monorail has a fire last May and has since been out of service... do you know that it will be up and running by June?

With that said we stayed at the Westin (via Priceline) and found the hotel to be good and conveniently located. Room views vary greatly but they were very accomodating trying to find 'the best' room available at the time of check-in.

We were in Seattle in July for our Alaskan cruise. I used priceline and got the Redlion on 5th ave for $100. However when we arrived, there were a lot of activities downtown and the RedLion was overbooked. Of course, we didn't know any of this until we arrived at the hotel. The girl at the desk give us a letter to go to another hotel - The Andra - on 4th ave. I was not happy because I've been on a plane for almost 10 hours. When we arrived Andra, we had to wait another hour because the room was not ready (we got there around 4 pm). The hotel was very nice and was just remodeled in the spring. The nice thing was that RedLion paid for the hotel and we were reinbursed for $100 - so we got the night for free!

The night after the cruise we stayed at the Marriott at Pier 66. Again we used priceline and got the room for $75. Also we arrived at the hotel around 9:30 am and they already had a room available! Both hotels were in a good location and we were able to walk to anything we needed.

dont know how many rooms you need but a contract is not that unusual --the contract allows the hotel to set aside a block of rooms and you have to fill them by a certain date or the unbooked rooms go back to the hotel for resale --have done this many times and have never had a penalty of any sort ----i book the rooms and then its the responsibility of everyone to contact the hotel to make the booking in their name with their credit card

Archived