Celebrity Century Family Cabins

rerelr

Has anyone stayed in the family veranda cabins at the back of the ship? These are the only ones available for a cruise in September. We were on the back of Carnival Elation and it was dreadful, very noisy and moved too much. So don't know whether to take the chance to book one right at the very back. Thanks.

We stayed in a family veranda aft deck 9 port side on the Century in April 2007, after the renovation. Cabin was TIGHT for a family of four - but do-able for a 5 nighter. More on the cabin a bit later. We booked on the spur of the moment one week before sailing and were thrilled just to be cruising. The ship was lovely in the older style way - we prefer laying back, so it was just our speed. If you are the flowrider - rock wall climber - ice skater type of cruiser, it might not work for you. Food and service were a cut above average. The meal in Murano's was outstanding, although the service was a bit too over-kill for us. Getting back to the cabin: As a mentioned - a wee on the small side as far as floor space and elbow room are concerend, but all the basics, plus - plenty of storage, adequate bathroom, flat screen TV. Aft balcony was HUGE - but - not a stitch of shade - we had to go sit on the promenade deck to read. If you are a light sleeper, be prepared to be rudely awakened early in the morning when entering port - the aft thrusters and the propellers make the cabin shake quite alarmingly at those times. Hope this helps.

OP--You found a Family Veranda available? I have been searching for days and they all say sold out!

To the person who responded--would you book one of these again being they are noisy? I don't know if that would bother me or not. Also, how bad of motion is it in the back of the ship? I've only sailed mid ship.

OP--You found a Family Veranda available? I have been searching for days and they all say sold out!

To the person who responded--would you book one of these again being they are noisy? I don't know if that would bother me or not. Also, how bad of motion is it in the back of the ship? I've only sailed mid ship.

LuvRCCL - when we booked this cabin it showed as not available on the web site, but was over the phone - the rep. said that is not unusual for this cabin category - who knows why? The motion was not an issue, but as mentioned, the vibration was a drag. Having said that, if it were my only choice I would book it again, however I would prefer another location.

We stayed in a family veranda aft deck 9 port side on the Century in April 2007, after the renovation. Cabin was TIGHT for a family of four - but do-able for a 5 nighter. More on the cabin a bit later. We booked on the spur of the moment one week before sailing and were thrilled just to be cruising. The ship was lovely in the older style way - we prefer laying back, so it was just our speed. If you are the flowrider - rock wall climber - ice skater type of cruiser, it might not work for you. Food and service were a cut above average. The meal in Murano's was outstanding, although the service was a bit too over-kill for us. Getting back to the cabin: As a mentioned - a wee on the small side as far as floor space and elbow room are concerend, but all the basics, plus - plenty of storage, adequate bathroom, flat screen TV. Aft balcony was HUGE - but - not a stitch of shade - we had to go sit on the promenade deck to read. If you are a light sleeper, be prepared to be rudely awakened early in the morning when entering port - the aft thrusters and the propellers make the cabin shake quite alarmingly at those times. Hope this helps.

I was in one of these before the refurb and agree with you. I have one on Deck 9 starboard on a 12 nt Norway cruise. I was under the impression that the verandas were just 42 square feet. You have my attention!!! Not too worried about no shade while cruising Norway.

Archived