Help figuring out NCL ship from 1989-1990

doglover3

I'm trying to figure out which NCL ship my husband and I were on, roundtrip from Miami, that went to Key West and their out island back in 1989 or 1990? We're not sure if it stopped in Nassau and it was probably a 3 or 4 night cruise. Any ideas? :confused:

Hmmmm:confused: , I can remember the Seaward (don't know when it was changed to the Sea), doing a short 3 or 4 day Bahamas and their private island. Small ship, course most of them were back then.:rolleyes: The Sea was my first cruise and I want to say it was late 80's possibly 90's. I can't remember what other ships were in their fleet back then.:confused: The Dreamward and Windward? Weren't they named that?

You're absolutely right It just seems so long ago we were on the Leeward. I took two of my sons on her one time. That was the only time I met the Security officer on a ship doing his job. LOL. I still remind them of that.

Thanks so much to all who answered. After following Toyz711's Wikipedia lead and trying to do a little more detective work using all the other info folks provided, I think it's narrowed down to one of the following: Seaward, Sunward II, Southward, Skyward, or Starward.

The one thing I distinctly remember is that the first port of call was Key West and I found an article talking about the Sunward II sailing to Key West. Can anyone else remember if any of the other ships went to Key West?

Then it must have been early 90's when I sailed her, but I know we did a 4 day to the Bahamas. It didn't include Key West, if that's any help. Just the Bahamas and the private island. And I'm positive it was the Seaward because I wanted to sail her again before she left the fleet but never got the chance.:(

It can not be the Seaward. NCL took delivery of her, as a newbuild, in 91 and she was doing 7 day western Carrib sailings.

Au contraire - we sailed the Seaward March 3, 1990 out of Miami. I'll NEVER forget it as it was our first cruise!:) :)

Archived