Carnival Changing Their Dress Code

Yvonne

I feel that formal nights should be where you need to have the suit/dress pants and women should wear business attire or a cocktail dress etc. As for the other nights, I do not see anything wrong with a NICE pair of jeans and maybe a dressier top (polo shirt, sweater, blouse etc). You are sitting most of the time anyway, so you really don't see the jeans, but the nice top you would see. JMO.:confused:

But the problem is, people won't wear nice jeans. A lot of people already wear jeans and shorts in the dining room, and Carnival does nothing to stop them. I wonder what we can expect now that the bar has been lowered even further. I can imagine wear going to see tank tops, cut offs, tube tops, etc. And Carnival won't say a word, just like they don't say anything now to the people wearing jeans and shorts.

But the problem is, people won't wear nice jeans. A lot of people already wear jeans and shorts in the dining room, and Carnival does nothing to stop them. I wonder what we can expect now that the bar has been lowered even further. I can imagine wear going to see tank tops, cut offs, tube tops, etc. And Carnival won't say a word, just like they don't say anything now to the people wearing jeans and shorts.

If I felt this way. I would choose another line.........

On our last cruise (Oct 2007 Elation) on Formal night a man wore black sport shorts and a wife beater t shirt accessorized with a ball cap worn during dinner. No it didn't ruin my dinner, nor my cruise. But both he and the Maitre 'D showed a lack of respect for the evening. I've thought it over since and decided the only thing I should have done is approached the Maitre 'D and asked if any rules applied? He didn't get a tip and he should have known why.

Ditto

DH and I will be taking our 5 kids on a cruise next year for my oldest son's graduation. The kids are very excited to be dressing up for dinner. My youngest son will be 8 and can't wait to wear a tie for formal night. How others dress won't bother us a bit. We'll be in our own happy little world. :)

Why is "formal" even being discussed in these Carnival dress code debates? There is no more formal or quasi-formal night. It's gone. Irrelevant.

Try a different cruise line if you want a formal night. The new issue for Carnival is what the maitre'd will let in on the "cruise elegant" nights.

Change the name and add any garnish ya want its still considered a "formal" night thats why its being discussed.

Change the name and add any garnish ya want its still considered a "formal" night thats why its being discussed.

Huh? It's not even close to a formal night. Considered by whom? Not by Carnival . . .

Carnival explicitly changed the name of the night and did away with the pseudo-formal dress requirements.

What is left that is formal in any way?

Archived