How far is it from Orlando Sanford Airport to Orlando Int'l?

ryzmom

I need some help guys - especially the people who live in Orlando or knows where this is!

From where I live, I can get a cheaper flight out of Orlando Sanford than Orlando International. Two other couples that are cruising with us with be going to Orlando Int'l and I wanted to know how far it is from each other and if anyone knows the transportation costs (taxis, shuttle, etc.) from Orlando/Sanford to Orlando Int'l Airports? I really don't want to go to that airport but it's $600 cheaper from where we live.

Any help is tremendously appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Deana

I couldn't remember off hand (We do Disney almost every year, and have flown into both) so I pulled it on Mapquest. Says 37 minutes. Depends too on the day and time of day, that traffic can get crazy!

Sanford is a small easy to get thru airport.

As far as shuttles, we've always rented a car, so can't help you there!

Happy sailing!

As Tisha said, Sanford is a nice little airport and easy to get around in.

There is a great transportation service in Sanford that I used for returning to the airport from my hotel in Sanford. I don't know if they go as far as Orlando International, but I can give you that name and number if you're interested. (I don't think I can post here). If they can't help you, perhaps they can give you the name of another company who can.

I don't know if there is a Private Message capability, or how to use it if there is one...maybe a moderator or somebody will come to the rescue and give guidance.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sanford airport is north of Orlando while Orlando International (MCO) is south of Orlando and much closer to the theme parks. The drive is about 35 miles and takes 45-60 minutes depending on traffic. Taxi will be much more than renting a car. Orlando does not have a good public transportation system so it's pretty much taxi or rental car.

I live in Orlando and we use Sanford all the time. You are about 30-45 min drive time because of traffic to get OIA but it would be well worth the savings to fly into Sanford not to mention less chaos, lol.

Archived