Taxi Fare Calgary Aiport to Hyatt Regency

We are flying into Calgary for 2 days before joining up with RCL for their land tour of the Rockies before our cruise of the Inside Passage,and I was wondering if there are plenty of taxis available at the airport and what the approximate cost would be to get to our hotel,also how long will the journey take?

Yes there always taxis available at the Calgary airport; trip to downtown should take 20 to 30 minutes and the cost would be in the range of $30-$40 CDN. There is a shuttle service that stops at most of the major downton hotels; but I don't know what the cost is, perhaps around $15-$20 per person. Enjoy my city!

Thank you very much for your quick response.Have you any suggestions what we must see for the 2 days we are in Calgary?We are really looking forward to seeing your wonderful city.We will be arriving on June14th have you any idea what we should expect weather wise?

Weather is the most unpredictable thing we could talk about. It's about -5 here at the moment and we are just digging out from the weekend snow storm. June is traditionally our wettest month, however it can also be absolutely beautiful. How's that for a decisive answer for you? Since I suspect you will be seeing Banff and the mountains on your land tour with RCL I will stay away from mountain suggestions. Calgary has a world class zoo; Heritage Park would be an interesting stop for you (shows how the settlers lived) I've attached the links for both those places. Spending an morning or afternoon, wandering the shops downtown is always a good choice. That's about it for now, interestingly enough on June 14th I will be in London about to embark on my European cruise!

http://www.heritagepark.ca/home.htm

http://www.calgaryzoo.ca/

I lived in Calgary for 10 years ago and just travelled through their airport today. I would suggest taking a long walk along the Bow River. The Glenbow Museum is a great look at the history of the Canadian West. If it's rainy out, try the +15 system of walkways between buildings.

Also, take a few minutes to look at the various tableau in the arrivals level of the airport. They are quite stunning.

Viv

Archived