What does the crew do on a night with no passengers onboard?

ParrotheadMel

Just curious. We embark from Norfolk on the Victory 10/10 after they drop off the last New England/Canada cruise passengers in New York on Oct 9. They will be coming to Norfolk empty to head southward to the Bahamas. Does anyone know what the crew does on these rare nights off? Maybe nothing, that may be what they long for! Or do they "play"? I realize a certain amount of crew is necessary to keep the ship running, but I wondering if the others got to have some fun? They spend so many hours/days/weeks giving great service to us.

I hope they'll be well-rested and in a great mood when they get to Norfolk!

we are on the first sailing out of fort lauderdale this season on the Legend....

this is 2 days after the last passengers disembark from the last NYC cruise...

hopefully they get to relax and party some, then will be well rested for our cruise!!! :)

Marsha

I worked in the purser's office of a ship for two and a half years. As a petty officer rating, we were allowed out in the public rooms every night, plus we had access to the officers wardroom as well as the crew bar. Generally, though, the crew could only party in the crew bar and their cabins and were not allowed in public areas. On only one occasion, we sailed for three days with no passengers. Apart from a bit of work, it was a great, relaxing sailing for all with a lot of downtime, play time and relaxing in the sun. All in all, most crew and officers play as hard as they work.

Archived