All Things Fascination.....

luvmygirlz

Originally Posted by NCTribeFan viewpost.gif

I drive from NC, so don't complain about being a Floridian and having to drive to the ports! :p

I have to concentrate on my upcoming Glory cruise but I'm so looking foward to Fascination in December.

You poor person who has to drive to the ports :p Us poor Canucks have to fly forever to get to the port. TEEHEEHEE!! Oh well in a mere 9 hours I will be close to the ocean. But then the party starts!!!!:D

BTW this thread has great information.

I realized the other day that I've never even been in a pool (or hot tub) on a cruise! I'm too busy relaxing and reading on sea days and too busy with other things on Port days.

The slides are not open all the time and they will close them if it's really windy. The "old" slides on the Fantasy class ships aren't all that high (just one deck) and I've still seen them closed frequently.

Well, I do sail soon, but not on Fascination!

For the first time ever, I booked two cruises at once, about 6 weeks after we returned from our Miracle cruise.

And now it turns out that DD may graduate in December after all. She thought she'd have that full 5th year, but maybe not. And guess what day she would graduate?

December 13th!

Happy that she'll graduate; not happy that I may have to cancel our Fascination cruise! I may be able to reschedule for the Jan 10th sailing (that's the next time she does that itinerary), but I'd lose my great pricing (got a 4c for the price of a 4a which was only $299 pp at the time I booked!).

I'll be really upset if I have to cancel altogether. :mad:

LUVMYGIRLZ-- We were on the Fascination in March. We had two hair dryers in the area below the safe. I did not think they would have one, so I brought my own, never used theirs. I thought it was a family friendly ship--the kids seemed happy and well managed when at Camp Carnival. The teens all kind of hung out together. The buffet was good with some pasta, but not a pasta station. The pizza on board was my favorite thing, next to the Miami Vices. We had a great time. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Have a wonderfully fun cruise.

My Girlfriend and I are taking our first cruise on the Fascination to Key West and Cozumel. We can't wait.

I do have a question.

What would be the best way to arrange our excursions in Cozumel?

We are there from 1:00 to 10:00. We want to just go to a nice beach to swim and snorkel and get some shopping in.

thanks

PAtrick

To the poster who mentioned the slide, don't be afraid. On the Glory a few years ago, I was nervous but a boy and girl (brother/sister) in front of me said not to be scared. They were probably 6 & 8. They even waited at the bottom for me just to be sure I was okay!

Have fun! We sailed the Fascination a year ago March and loved it. Smaller ship than others but we really liked the 4 day cruise. Key West and Cozumel would be two of my favorites!

We are down to 18 days now and counting till our cruise!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been busy booking the Imagination for Sept 29 and it helps pass the time waiting for this May 12th cruise, but now it is so close, hard to contain my excitement!!!!

My Girlfriend and I are taking our first cruise on the Fascination to Key West and Cozumel. We can't wait.

I do have a question.

We are there from 1:00 to 10:00. We want to just go to a nice beach to swim and snorkel and get some shopping in.

thanks

PAtrick

I don't recognize your name - have you joined our roll call on the roll call boards? Come on over!:)

I do have a question.

thanks

PAtrick

Remember, it will be 1:00 to 10:00 ship time-- time in Cozumel will be 12:00 to 9:00 since they are in the Central time zone. We really enjoyed Cozumel, more than any other Mexican port we have been to. Have fun.

One of my favorite places was under the bridge as far down as passengers were allowed. On the lido deck, go forward on the port (left when looking toward the bridge) side as far as possible (past where you can look in a window to the bridge and see the navigation equipment) then start walking down outside stairs. At night it is very dark and there is little light, but it is truly OK to be there. I believe you go down 2 or 3 flights of stairs. You end up a deck or 2 below the bridge and a deck above where the staff go for recreation away from us passengers. It is really quiet and a great place to watch sail-away from the night time ports.

I wish my cruise was in a week instead of a week ago....I am so jealous!

I hope you had a wonderful time! Please, please do share a review with us. Was it as wonderful as we are all imagining? Did you travel with kids?

Can't wait to hear all the details!

Michell

Hi All!!

I'm sailing on May 5th (hi Patrice & Ginny & Ray!..see you soon ;) ) and have been reading along with everyone else getting excited and trying to remember all the tips etc.

I noticed the hair dyer issue came up...humm :confused: , my Carnival rep said to definitely take one, so even thou it's a pain to carry I'm not going to risk "bad hair"...lol. Maybe certain rooms have it while others don't?

Anyone know about the staterooms on the Upper deck 6C U67? I have been on many cruises prior and had both great and awful rooms. This room is directly below the internet library...yikes?!..lol.

I will be more than happy to answer questions when I'm back...especially about the pool upgrade. Don't forget to email me.:D

Thanks Marcia014 for the favorite places tip!

Lynne

We just returned today from our cruise on the Fascination.... Great ship and staff. Awesone Cruise Director who was very personable, lots of fun, and always very visible!! ;)

Our only complaint was with our waiter and assistant waiter in the dining room. They never introduced themselves. Our table was always amongst the last to be served, and our waiter challenged someone at our table when she told him that her steak was cold. He also reached across two people to serve another passenger (this is a first time seeing this :rolleyes: ). On a few occasions, they never refilled our water glasses or asked if we would like more rolls or bread.

The renovated bathrooms are quite nice. Housekeeping brought us a hair dryer 10 minutes after we requested one. :cool:

We just returned today from our cruise on the Fascination.... Great ship and staff. Awesone Cruise Director who was very personable, lots of fun, and always very visible!! ;)

Our only complaint was with our waiter and assistant waiter in the dining room. They never introduced themselves. Our table was always amongst the last to be served, and our waiter challenged someone at our table when she told him that her steak was cold. He also reached across two people to serve another passenger (this is a first time seeing this :rolleyes: ). On a few occasions, they never refilled our water glasses or asked if we would like more rolls or bread.

The renovated bathrooms are quite nice. Housekeeping brought us a hair dryer 10 minutes after we requested one. :cool:

Any word on board about when the pool area will be completed?

Archived