Roma Pass

We are looking at purchasing the Roma Pass. A number of people on these boards appear to have used this pass and have been happy with it. My question is: When you get to the third use of it for a museum/site, it provides you with a reduction in the admission fee. Does anyone know:

1. How much of a reduction?

2. Can you still bypass the wait in line and go straight up to the cashier as you would it if was free (then pay the reduced fee), or do you still need to stand in the queue?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I've read alot about this pass. Can you pre-purchase it or do you have to wait until you arrive in Rome. Where do you purchase it from? Is it worth it-I will be in Rome for 3 days and plan to go to the Colosseum etc. From the Trevi fountain area where I am staying do you need to take transit to get to Trastevere area? What about that Market on Sundays-do you need to take transit? Thanks, any info. is helpful. pdz

The Roma pass can be purchased from the main Metro/Train/Bus Termini by the post office think it was station 23,cost 20 euros. Gets access to 2 museums, and reduced rates at others, also unlimited metro,and bus travel for 3 days, great value. Metro and bus routes easy to follow, a seat is hard to come by !! I found the locals very friendly and helpful, keep your hands on your wallet.

Archived