Correction: Oscar Brown 11/30 (not Dec 1)

chrisntam

• 1 month later...

Hi Aircsi! I think we have 6 so far.... Additional info on the boards suggests that the 14 may be a little tight...(Hyndai van?) My DH is 6'4" and father-in-law 6'2", and my mother-in-law and I are not little people, so I'm thinking it might be a good idea not to pack the van to max capacity. How many do you think you'll have in your small group? I think the tour will go no matter what the number, but I'm thinking we should probably keep it around 10-12. Also, I hear on the boards that Oscar may have two vans, so if there are a lot of you, we can see about getting the other van and take both! Let me know what you think & I'll be get back in touch with Oscar with an update. :)

Hi luv2cruise,

If you go to the celebrity connections thread for our cruise around #43 there are posts about this tour. I got what I know about Oscar from the Cost Rica thread and Oscar's emails direct to me that I duplicated on the boards.

$45 ea for tour, not planning on doing zip line. However, if we form two vans I guess there's a good chance one can go to zip line and pay the extra. Like I told aircsi, I'll email Oscar on the status when I know more about his group and how many want to go. Of course, feel free to email him direct... I don't think he can respond to your specifice questions on his tours on the boards.

Looking forward to the cruise!!

I'll email Oscar Brown with your email address and request. Maybe the a second van can go to the zip line. I'd prefer to not have zip liner's in our group IF it takes time away from the tour the non-zipliners are taking. Sorry I don't know about the time each takes. But I'd hoped we would just basically have him for the day to do what we want. Either way, I'm sure it will all work out. I'll let you know when I hear from him.

I don't know the difference between the arial tram and zip lining (I think it's explained on the Costa Rica boards in detail but I haven't paid much attention since we weren't interested in doing it). This is what Oscar emailed me. I think you would be basically paying Oscar to tour you around and pay extra for whatever the cost is for the things other than the canal tour that you do. I let him know that I know of 6 definites for canal tour and 8 others undecided and you two who want to do ziplining & canal.

Hi,

Yes that wil be the price, only if the pier change the fee because of the gasoline being going up. But my prices allways lower than the pier.

Here are some info of tours that I offer:

The Tortuguero Canal tour is a tour through the rain forest, where you can see all wild life: alligator, monkeys, slots, different type of birds, Then I will take you to the Bamboo trade school, banana plantation, coco beans farm, City tour, the two biggest hotels around the coast, one is a botanical garden, and the other one has a nice vie and a tall hill, a white sand beach, the rich area, and a surprise stop; witch will take you to the highest part of the city . I include soft drinks along the tour. This is $45 per person.

Tour to the Aerial Tram:

This tour takes you to the highest part of Costa Rica giving you the best vie through the rain forest. And the way to this place you see pine apple plantation, carne fields and rafting river. This is 45$ for transportation and you pays 49.50$ for the aerial tram. This tour is for 6 to 7 hours, from the ship to the aerial tram and back to the ship

Please reply.

God bless you and yours.

Bye, bye.

Oscar B.

Hi Aircsi!

I'm trying to get this all figured out. Again, my original group isn't doing the zip lining. Our tour is the canal tour & other stuff for $45. Are all 6 or 8 in your gourp up for the tour WITHOUT zip lining or do you have people with an interest in zip lining too? Luv2cruise wants to do ziplining and if any of your group wants to do the zip line we could form two groups. I don't know much about it, but I think the program is that Oscar Brown will take you there as part of your $45 tour (Almond's & Coral I guess it is) and you pay the extra when there for the ziplining (I think it's $45 or $50 or so). Oscar emailed today requesting names in our group and who wants to do what so he can arrange everything. I'll try to figure out how to change my profile so you can email me the info and I'll forward the info to Oscar, and then forward Oscar's emails to you. Looks like we will most likely need the two vans, just a question of whether we will have two no ziplining or one of each. (if that's even how it works)

Luv2cruise: I'll let you know just a soon as I get it squared away with Oscar. Sounds like he'll get you taken care of one way or the other. I'll forward his emails to you as well.

Hey!

No problem at all !

Oscar does want our names for the folks that are meeting us at the port. Can you forward them so I can forward on to Oscar?

Thanks a bunch!

I tried yesterday to fix it so you can email me the info, but I couldn't get it to work...I'l try again, or maybe you can just post the first names??? Never mind,

I just read that nobody can email anybody unless you post the email address in the msg your posting. Don't really want to do that....yes I'm a chicken... after two major computer crashes in the last year... Do you mind giving me names in a post and I'll forward to him, I don't mind a bit, or you can email Oscar direct @ cbrown@costarricense.cr

Just let him know it is for the Canal Tour, Galaxy Dec 1 arranged by chrisntam and the names are for aircsi passengers #7 thru #12 and possibly #13 & #14.

By the way Oscar said:

About the toll one, don't worry about that, I take all different highs in this van, and they go comfortable.

So....I guess we will just go with it!!! lol. It'll be fun! Sure it will!

Hi Jan & Len! We still have you down!

:) Well, I've sent confirmation to Oscar for the following:

chrisntam (4)

jschapple (2)

aircsi (6) Maybe 2 more

Total 12 or maybe 14

aircsi - Oscar emailed me tonight and doesn't need the individual names at this point afterall.

luv2cruise - Oscar tells me he's been working direct with you now, so I'll trust you will work your tour out with him.

Thank you for putting together everything. I noticed that a couple from Clinton Mississippi might be going with us. I fly in and go duck hunting with a group of men from clinton almost every year in January. Of course, the ducks don't have to worry! Will look forward to meeting you at the cruise party

RPitman

That would be us - Debbie and Roy!

Yes, oscar is emailing me now and he is available for a tour like what has been described with the T canals, etc. AND the zip line tour. He says there is NO problem with time and that we will eat lunch at a really nice place (cost on our own - he furnishes soda)also. See other post on this board that describe in detail the zip line tour. The ship does NOT offer this and it sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Cost for BOTH is $105 per person. Let me hear from anyone who might be interested in this on Dec. 1. Email me direct please if interested. thanks! I also look forward to meeting all on board!

Oscar says he''l be at the pier @ 8:00 with a sign with my name one it. He didn't say what name. So my guess is: TAMMY or CHRISNTAM.

Not really sure which....I will try to clarify and post again before time to leave.

Hopefully we will all meet at the CC get together.

See you all soon!

Oscar emailed me saying he was confused that Tammy had a group and was asking me what tour I wanted to do. Didn;t realize until just now that YOU are Tammy not the screen name. Hope he gets it straight. I told him, we wanted to do the same tour you are doing (canals, etc.) but wanted to do zipline also IF POSSIBLE. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Debbie and Roy

Debbie,

I've emailed him with the list for the tour 3 or 4 times at his request, and he has acknowledged each email. I told him that we have 12 confirmed and possibly two more for a total of 12 or 14 for the Canal Tour (#1). I have also told him that my totals do NOT include luv2cruise (Debbie) as it is my understanding from you and him that you and he are working out your tour #2 (ziplining).

After your post tonight, I sent another email, and to clarify with him that Tammy and chrisntam are one and the same. (looking back, I ended ALMOST all my emails to him signed "Tammy (chrisntam on the boards)" Not sure what the confusion could be. Surely he doesn't think we have two vans of 12-14.

Here is part of one of my detailed posts to him:

"Hi Oscar!

Here is another recap of those of us from the 12/1 Celebrity Galaxy.

Canal Tour: 1 . Tammy (chrisntam)

2. Chris

3. Mert

4. Margaret

5. Jan

6. Len

7. Aircsi

8. Aircsi

9. Aircsi

10. Aircsi

11. Aircsi

12. Aircsi

13. Aircsi

14. Aircsi

1-12 confirmed. I will get names for 7-12

13-14 unconfirmed. I 'll get names if I can confirm.

Double Tour - 1. Debbie (luv2cruise)

2. Debbie's husband

Thanks Oscar!

Tammy "

:( Geez, this has been hard work, but I think it will all work out! :)

I was amiss in not getting our excursion lined up sooner. We WOULD like to tour with your group, but as I told Oscar would like to do the zip line tour ALSO.(Haven't heard back from him since Sat. night.) Now, I feel better after seeing what you emailed him. That sounds abundantly clear! Hopefully he will figure it all out. I would hope that IF he doesn't have anyone else wanting to do the zip line he can still take us on the tour #1 with your group. That is my concern now as you may already be "full" . And I have NO ONE else wanting to go ziplining - as I said earlier, I started way too late on all this. I still haven't packed a thread. I'm sure it gets confusing to Oscar with screen names vs. real names - it certainly does for ME! I'm not on the boards enough to recognize everyone's screen name,etc. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at REGULAR names.

Debbie, I think I read on another post, where Oscar sent another couple who wanted to Zip Line with one of his buddies or cousins or something to do the zip line AND the rest of the stuff. They got their own private car/tour. They were very happy. I really am sure that if it doesn't work for you to come along in our bus, he will fix you right up!:) Just be there to meet up with him @ 8:00, and I'm sure it'll all work out, seems everyone there knows him and his business is growing and he's got lots of back up plans. Don't you just love an adventure?!!

Archived