Mariner of the Seas April 13-20th 2008

We just arrived home from our first trip on the Mariner of the Seas We both loved the cruise. We saw some people on tours from the ship lose their personal belongings and cameras stollen. I felt very badly that the cruise ship did nothing to help these people.

I did not like Puerto Rico, the tour guide from San Juan Tours, told my husband and I and the rest of the group that The USA govt takes care of them with FREE HOUSING, FREE AND NO TAXES, they do not pay any taxes there and they get a car free every 4 years. What a crock.

Also the little commonwealth was very dirty, I did not like Puerto Rico like years ago I went there in early 80's it was so much cleaner then.

I also felt that all the jewelry stores were quite expensive on Gem stones and watches. I felt as a jewelry designer myself, nothing was reasonable to us, as I can get my gem stones from my wholesaler for a better price.

Overall, we had a nice fun vacation. Its nothing like the Carnival ship, which i used to praise them but after the Royal Caribbean this was much better.

The only thing I did not care for was the food, the food was not exceptional like Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America.The drinks on the ship was quite high 5.00 to 8.00 for a mixed drink and 2.25 for a gingerale. I was seasick alot. Wine at the table was pretty high too 28.00 a bottle ,of ten dollars of Woodbridge white zinfindal wine in the supermarket.

The staff was exceptional, the entertainment was Superb. Drew our cruise director was very funny!! We also got to see Domenick Allen from Foreigner and he was exceptionally great We loved him!!

The best yet, especially the ice skating rink like Circus de solei on ice. The ship overall was the best, the only thing I am saddened for, is that the Mariner is leaving us to Calif in Jan 2009. The Freedom is coming to Port Canaveral to sail too.

I was having breakfast on Sunday April 20th alone in the dining room and Robin Williams was sitting next to me, it was just before 7 am he smiled and told me that he is the comic of tonight I told him, I am sorry I will be leaving to go home, he said Maybe next time.

I want to go so badly back to italy, maybe soon...

Red Hot Italian Traveler!!

Hey dude...

You just came up to the 10 reasons not to sail with RCI/MOS MERGED and made a post..

Go back to that thread and try READING some before you go and run your mouth off!!

We have the largest thread on CC, we are fast approaching 50K posts.. That is a 50 followed by 3 zero's.. The largest thread here on CC!!

We are a family.. Try reading more than just the first post.. Had you done that, you might just realize that it is all tongue in cheek.. RCI Knows we are here and have gotten many an idea concerning the building and outfitting of the newest ship..

I see you have just joined CC and have only but a few posts.. I have over 1000 posts on the 10 thread however I have only 40 or so out in the cc world..

You want to join our little group, you may be welcomed IF you GET IT!!!!!

We are about to party pretty hearty tomorrow when we reach the 50K mark, please do not even think of posting on 10 until then.. Try taking some time to read first...

Archived