Costa????

dbcruzin

I've cruised both lines. You can have a good experience on either line. Costa has a fun Greek night. My experience is that Carnival tends to attract young party folks.

So if you are planning a trip during Spring breaks etc. you might want to rethink going at a different time... Unless you want to party party :)

I, too, have sailed on both. I had a great time on on both. I think a lot of it is attitude and the fun group of 5 of us who went. I would travel on either again (I'm on the Elation 10/24). However, I much prefer Carnival. The Greek (toga) night was a lot of fun on Costa. However, Costa catered to an older crowd. There were a lot of people from other countries, which was interesting meeting people from other cultures, but all of the ship's announcements were repeated in 5 languages, both inside the cabin and out. That got pretty old. Also because of the language barriers, more of the shows on Costa were the Las Vegas dance style where language wasn't necessary.

The food and service were great on both Carnival and Costa. For me, Carnival is more fun and laid back.

MaryLou

Archived