Tuxedo rental

Has anyone rented a tux from the company serving RCI? How has your experience been. Are the tuxes in your stateroom when you arrive or do you have to go somewhere to pick them up. Leaving on the explorer in 1 1/2 days and this was a last minute question that just popped up.

They will deliver it to your cabin................try it on.....if its not quite right,tell them and they will get you another one,if available(that why its important to try it on asap)

Has anyone rented a tux from the company serving RCI? How has your experience been. Are the tuxes in your stateroom when you arrive or do you have to go somewhere to pick them up. Leaving on the explorer in 1 1/2 days and this was a last minute question that just popped up.

I have used this company for several cruises on RCI, Princess, and Celebrity and have been quite pleased with the quality of the tuxedos and with the service provided. On the rare occasion where an item's fit was not correct, it has been quickly corrected onboard ship. With the latest weight restrictions being imposed by airlines, renting a tuxedo onboard makes it a sensible alternative to packing my own and carrying it to and from the ship.:)

My husband rents the tux AND SHOES to avoid packing the weight and space of the shoes. Our tip is to give them your waist pant size and not the "measurement" they ask for. With my husband they weren't the same and the "measurement" would have been way too big. The tux has always been in the room when we arrived. And the steward picks it up after the final formal night.

I have used them three or four times now and I have the same complaint...THE SHOES ARE HORRIBLE. The tux is fine and it has always been in my room when I got there and I've never had an issue with the fit. Like I said, the shoes are outdated, cheap and run pretty small. I will bring my own next time!!

Thanks everyone, I feel pretty comfortable ordering one now. With 3 formal nights on our next sailing this will lighten the luggage load for sure. I will not get the shoes...they sound kinda nasty. On the website for the formal wear it says to order 2 weeks prior to European sailings. Does anyone know if you can order sooner than that? If not, I will call the company.

We've rented once. Great experience, and would do so again. We rented for me and my son, and the tuxes fit perfectly. They were waiting in the cabin for us when we got there. Our cruise had two formal nights, and they provided two shirts with each tux. :)

Thanks everyone, I feel pretty comfortable ordering one now. With 3 formal nights on our next sailing this will lighten the luggage load for sure. I will not get the shoes...they sound kinda nasty. On the website for the formal wear it says to order 2 weeks prior to European sailings. Does anyone know if you can order sooner than that? If not, I will call the company.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago for our September cruise. I got no e-mail reply after 3 or 4 days so phoned to ensure they had my order. They had received it but do not acknowledge it until 2 or 3 months before departure. Hope this helps.

Archived