Montego Bay - Negril Beach Express/Shopping Excursion

daveky

Haven't been to this stop. Looking at hanging out at Margaritaville for r n r and do alittle shopping and back to the ship. Would like comments on the above excursion. And/or would I be better off taking a taxi to the Montego Bay Margaritaville. On the Ochos Rios side, I usually just get off the ship, head to Jimmy Buffet's, do alittle shopping, back to Jimmy Buffet's, then back to the ship.

Thanks

Dave

We did this excursion on the Radiance, March 23 cruise. It's a long, long drive to Negril. I think the bus ride was almost 1 1/2 hours. You do get to see a lot of the country side but it's a long ride. The beach was nice. Didn't see the white sands that was advertised but the facilities at Margaritaville were good. Nice bar and restaurant, changing area and restrooms, plenty of loungers and shade. Lots of neat stuff to purchase (for a hefty price) at the Margaritaville shop. The shopping after the beach, consisted of a short stop, maybe 30 minutes, at a very pretty shopping center. You could find all the usual assortment of cheap souvenirs. I was looking for some local craft type stuff but didn't see any. We would not do this excursion again but enjoyed it. It was just a really long day.

Thanks for the replies. Pretty much what I thought. Looking on the map it seemed to be a pretty long drive. Think I'll just catch a cab and go the Jimmy Buffet's there in Montego Bay, unless someone else posts something to the contrary.

Dave

Took this tour last summer off LOS. We listened to all the doom-merchants harping on about Montego Bay and decided to give it a miss, which we regretted, as the people we spoke to who had been into town said they had had a great time.

Negril was beautiful, but it was a long way to go just to sit on the (very lovely) beach for an hour and then visit the shops for 10 mins flat because the tour was behind schedule! A long drive there and back, interesting but not mind-blowing.

If we go again we'll be chilling out in Mo Bay, yar mon, areet, no problem! :)

Archived