Golf Simulator - is there one ??

Ardy53

I read a cruise review that spoke of the Golf Simulator on the Millenium, however I can't see this on the deck plans of Millenium or Summit and from Celebrity website, it seems that it is only on the Century fleet.

This was the comment on the review...

"The golf simulator is accessed from the Extreme Sports Bar"

Can anyone help out here ? Does Summit have a golf simulator? If so, is there an additional cost to use it ?

Thanks

Roy&Val

Sorry Roy, meant to say on email we have never used the simulator because we don't really know if there is one. !!!! .. but we know there have been golf pros aboard ML in the past because they have been introduced by the captain on the night when representatives of all the ship sections are introduced ...they come on stage to show face when introduced so you'll know them going around. My husband mistook another guest for the golf pro last trip and asked him if they had had good weather for the golf he'd arranged off the ship for some guests during the cruise..the guest was rather taken aback as he was NOT the golf pro!!!

Try emailing Celebrity to confirm.

I read a cruise review that spoke of the Golf Simulator on the Millenium, however I can't see this on the deck plans of Millenium or Summit and from Celebrity website, it seems that it is only on the Century fleet.

This was the comment on the review...

"The golf simulator is accessed from the Extreme Sports Bar"

Can anyone help out here ? Does Summit have a golf simulator? If so, is there an additional cost to use it ?

Thanks

Roy&Val

Roy&Val: Celebrity used to have a wonderful golf program. Simulators were on most of the M-Class ships along with a full fledged golf program (instruction, competitions and great golf courses to play), but it appears that this program has been severely cut back. They used an outside group to manage the program and there was not enough steady play to make it worth the cost. Too bad, in two cruises where I played golf (Mexico and a Panama Canal cruises), the pros were wonderful, the playing groups were memorable and the courses were great fun.

The Golf simulator was up across from the Conservatory on the Summitt.

When I was on it.

They did have a limited golf plan and had a few events scheduled for the cruise.

They did charge for the usage to play some courses on the computer.

There was a sign up sheet at either the main desk ot the actual simulator area - just outside the door.

Archived