Journey Cabins 8093 Aft

anacortes

These balcony cabins are located at the rear of the ship between 2 suites. Has anyone traveled in these cabins or observed the view from the balconies? It appears the view would be tunnel vision looking straight back and not as good as a cabin on either side of the ship. Can anyone confirm what actual view is like.

Hello...

We were in 8093 in February on the Quest. This was the first time I've tried an aft cabin and I liked it so much that I've reserved another for a cruise next week. I enjoyed the deck as we were transitting the Panama Canal and it was interesting to be able to see both sides from the deck.

However, the steel construction around the top/sides of the 8th deck cabins does create a kind of tunnel vision unless you're directly out on deck. It bothered me until I got used to it. I had booked our cruise very early, before Celebrity renamed Azamara, and at that time all of the aft balcony rooms were open. I was told by Celebrity that the balconies on all decks were the same size; had I known that the lower (6th level) decks were much larger I would have gone with one of those.

Now, having said that I enjoyed it, I also found that, although we could see both ways, there would have been a much more expansive view from either side of the ship. I enjoy watching sunsets and we were actually only positioned one time to see a view of sunset from our aft cabin. The next time I travel Azamara, I think I'll do what I usually do....pick the "most interesting" side of the ship and have a wide angle view.

You really can't go wrong; it's a beautiful ship!

murphysmum;)

We just finished Transatlantic on April 25th in Barcelona. We had the Cabin 8093. It was just perfect. The Bathroom is a bit small, but everything else top. Especially the Butler Sergio with his Helper is very good. The View from the Cabin is phantastic. A small Problem occured evry day about 4pm . Then they started to rearrange the Stools and Tables from the Windows cafe which is directly above. It last for about 10 Minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done two crossing to Europe in cabin 6093 - with free sunsets almost every evening. Some more beautiful, some so-so. On our trip home we watched the sun rises most mornings from our balcony, unless we caught them on deck 10 while doing our rounds on the track. Yes, when you stand by the sliding door, your side view is limited, but when you step closer to the rail, you have a gorgeous 180 degree view. Having that deep balcony and no wind makes an aft cabin very desirable for us.

258655217_FLASunset-1.jpg.243ff0dc9932bdee3f573f1508ae65d7.jpg

Archived