Celebrity Hotels

judatt

Greetings, everyone. I have appreciated all the good input on this board and understand that most prefer to do an independent tour in Alaska rather than a cruisetour. I understand all the reasons and that would also probably be my preference.

However, we are traveling with others and we have decided since this is our first trip to Alaska we would do the cruisetour in mid August. We have booked on Celebrity Millinium (yes we know they have potential POD issues but like this itinerary). We spend the first night in Fairbanks and then 2 nights in Denali and 1 night in Anchorage. We are flying in a day early to Fairbanks and would like to stay in the same hotel the tour uses if possible.

Does anyone know which hotels Celebrity uses in each of these places? The others are mainly curiosity but the one for Fairbanks is to book an additional night.

Thanks for your input.

On page 33 of the 2008 Celebrity Alaska travel book, you can find where accomodations are. It says in Fairbanks they usually use: Pike's Waterfront Lodge.

In Anchorage: The Anchorage Downtown Marriot

In Denali: The Grand Denali

We are also taking a cruisetour on Celebrity's Millenium to Alaska in June. It's our first time too~we are so excited!

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I am on RCCL cruise tour #14 and even though the book states that these are the hotels according to my paid confirmation we are staying at the McKinley Resort in Denali and the Wedgewood resort in Fairbanks. If you have your paid confirmation it should tell you which hotels and if not I would call Celebrity and they should be able to tell you by now. Good Luck.

DH and I, and a group of friends are doing a Celebrity cruisetour in June also. We too are flying into Fairbanks one day prior to the cruisetour. Yes, the Celebrity brochure lists Pike' Waterfront Hotel in Fairbanks, so DH and I made reservations in the Fall at Pike's for our June 2008 vacation. In January I had our travel agent confirm Celebrity was using this hotel and her e-mail reply was

"We will get that information with your documents or about 1 month prior to departure. Pikes is the main hotel that Celebrity uses, so I would not worry. The res agent said she is 99% sure you will be assigned Pikes."

In March while booking our Mediterranean "09 cruise directly through Celebrity I asked at Captains Club rep. what hotel they would be using in Fairbanks this summer and she told me it would be Sophie Station Hotel. I mentioned the brochure lists Pike's and she said they use several hotels and Sophie is listed for our trip. So, DH and I then made reservations at Sophie Station. We now have reservations at both hotels and plan to cancel one after we receive our final docucments.

Sophie Station is a more expensive hotel, but it is an all suites hotel (kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom). It is closer to Fred Meyer about one block away and has a free shuttle that has a 1 hour loop with about 6 stops.

Pike's Waterfront has a shuttle for a fee and is not close to a grocery store.

As far as I can tell, they both have a good restaurant on the premises.

Archived