Celebrity Passages

DC2OC

Here is the OBC system that was instituted last year:

$50 for $0001-$2499; $100 for $2500-$3900; $150 for 44000-$5999; $200 for $6000-$7499; $300 for $7500 or higher.

Last Jan, on Mercury, we booked a Galaxy cruise for Jan. '09. We did the Passages for a future cruise. We booked the Summit Classical Med for June '09 about 3 weeks ago.

On Mercury Natalie, the future cruise consultant, told me X was quietly going back to the old system of awarding OBC according to the length of the cruise. We are getting $200 OBC for our 11-night Galaxy cruise.

I talked about this on CC after we got home and nobody else had experienced this. On my receipt for the Galaxy cruise she wrote "TEST".

I gave my TA the Passages receipt indicating the $200 OBC for a 12-night cruise, she faxed it to them and they honored it.

The X website has been advertising the "old" system of OBC ($50 for 3-5 nights, $100 for 6-9 nights, $200 for 10+ nights) for "Selected Sailings"--The Triple Star Program. But neither of our cruises is on the list. It seems that Mercury was the only ship that was offering it.

I don't know why and don't blame people for being mad if they didn't get the same deal. I knew nothing about it until Natalie told me while I was browsing the brochure rack. She approached me and told me about the change. It helped me talk DH into two cruises next year.

When you book, tell X or have your TA tell them you know others have gotten to use the "old" system and you want it too. Or maybe the "new" system is better for you if you are booking a more expensive cabin.

We just booked our next cruise and got the new rates based on the cruise price not the length. We were on Millennium in March and got the passages. I asked about the old system and was told it was not used anymore.

Archived