Silver Camisole - Any ideas?

TessM

Hi all - I'm in need of a silver camisole - and, I need a plus size.

Anyone have any ideas on best place to look? I've done a google search and really haven't found anything.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Hi all - I'm in need of a silver camisole - and, I need a plus size.

Anyone have any ideas on best place to look? I've done a google search and really haven't found anything.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

I have a great seamstress...she dosent "do" from scratch anymore, but a great job on re-work.. I found an Ann Taylor Loft dress, sz 12..I'm a 16/18...it was a match-up for a Spencer Alexander top...I didnt like the undershirt look of their tops..so I got the dress at SalArmy for $4, she cut the skirt to the proper length, as it was wide enuff at the bottom, as a cami..attatched same straps under the new faced top hem..very little work..and $8 later, a great gold/black lace cami, with a scalloped-fringed bottom to go under several tops/jackets. I keep a look out for those types of garments for her to re-work for me. also lots of "passed prom" gowns out of the silver-y fabrics.As it was a tube type dress..no side seams to deal with, just some darting. Give this a try..if you sew some..u can do it as well. I have luck at the secondary market stores for under $10 formal wear. Hubbys tux was $35..it fits us both

thanks for link - and the idea about thinking outside the box and creating something from an existing cast-off. That sounds like fun. -- I don't sew, but I can find someone who can.

thought of you and your plight today..was a stop at a GW, to replace the vacc extension hubby pitched..no avail, but found myself looking at the evening attire...some nice offerings..the best one tho, came home with me...a silver gray 2pc, tags from Dillards still att'd...slinky knit trousers, and same tunic top embellished with scrolly "cornelli lace" pattern silver-y trim..I know, I know, I hate glitter on clothing, but this is simply divine!..the price for the 2pcs?..pant was orig $40, top, $60..a whopping $9.00 bill put it in the bag, and change in my hand !..my size too..a nice reward after all the re-vamping of all our storage units this past week!..May 10th, here it comes..got shoes , and bag already!just a touch of earrings. Saw some silvery dress things too..OH, also look in the Night wear sections of ladies Dept stores..Dillards had somecamis in metal coloures for $30.earlier this year...Luck on your hunt..lucky

Archived