Captain Geir-Arne's photo gallery

tulip 1

I just looked at The Captain's website and a warning keeps coming up regarding a virus on the webside.

As this is on his webside I have been informed that we cannot do anything about this as the Captain has to do this himself on his webside.

Can anybody inform the Captain about this?

I don't have a problem at all!

I enjoyed looking at the pictures as usual, great job captain!

Nice to see you posting Norman.

So you will be cruising without your lovely bride? And spend Christmas without her? I'm sure you will have a good reason!

Marja

There is most definitely a virus on Capt Geir's website!!! I run some pretty sophisticated anti-virus software (and beta test it for Microsoft) and both consumer and beta software find the virus.

If you don't think you have it you either are running a Mac (and I cannot comment on the effect, but it probably is not designed to do anything on it) or you do not have anti-virus software (or it is not up to date).

Hopefully it will be cleaned up shortly. Until someone advises me otherwise, I am staying off the site..which is too bad because it is wonderful.

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!

Crystal808 is my Mac guru. One thing I like about the site is the section on random files. There are so many, and now that I am a more seasoned Seabourn cruiser, I can follow some files I might not have explored before.

Had a reply from the Captain - "I am working with the website owner to block this "thing" for me - I will let you know when all is back to normal." Not sure I understand it but hopefully will be resolved soon.

I am also using PC Cillin....brand new out of the box, only been installed a couple of days.......it didnt find it!!! Hope I dont have a nastie on my lovely new computer already! :eek: If I disappear now you will know why! :rolleyes:

Matt.......I tried downlading the updates for 2 days....sometimes it would come up 20 hours....sometimes 10 hours......left it going right through the night...nah got disconnected. Eventually plugged into my 10 hour Very Expensive wireless.........still took an hour for the updates....now i have to do it all over again for my laptop......:eek: one day I will catch up with the rest of the World and get "real" broadband!

Granny,

It sounds like the virus has taken over your computer. You may want to take it to a service to get it cleaned. You may find that your information is being compromised/sent elsewhere and you may be blocked from updating your software.

Granny,

It sounds like the virus has taken over your computer. You may want to take it to a service to get it cleaned. You may find that your information is being compromised/sent elsewhere and you may be blocked from updating your software.

And you might not be able to book a cruise ever again.:eek: :eek:

Just had another email from Captain G-A. He has contacted the "web owner" and they promised to look into it as soon as possible. He does not know how quickly they can fix the problem but he has asked me to tell you that he will give me the "all clear" when it is fixed.

LOL Boatman......I may sound like a dummy most of the time, but yeah I connected my PC to my very expensive very limited wireless connection (lets call it sloooow broadband) and I managed to get the updates in one hour......now every day pc cillin updates and only takes about 10 minutes......I have also done a full scan so all is ok......:)

Archived