Mariner of the Seas Leaving For Calif 2009

The Mariner of the Seas leaving for Calif and Freedom is replacing her at Port Canaveral. I loved that ship, the Promanende was great and the fun we all had. My children loved the excitement on the Marti Gras and the Fun things that went on there. Is all the Voyager family like this ship?:)

We loved this ship first one we have ever been on, been a loyal friend to Carnival but not anymore. We will continue to go RCCL if they do somthing about the smoking issue.

thanks Rhit

We will continue to go RCCL if they do somthing about the smoking issue.

thanks Rhit

They really won't. Your accusations in your previous post are totally unfounded. 99% of smokers are courteous and do not infringe on others.

I was wondering why the Freedom was coming to Port Canaveral. This explains it since the Mariner is going west. We are looking forward to having the Freedom a bit closer than she was; we'd been wanting to try Royal Caribbean and had started looking at itineraries; when I saw that the Freedom of the Seas was going to port in P.C., we had to jump at the chance. I thought it was just a temporary thing - but from this, it sounds like Canaveral will be her new home????

They really won't. Your accusations in your previous post are totally unfounded. 99% of smokers are courteous and do not infringe on others.

I just can't resist. 99% of anything doing anything sounds suspiciously unfounded to me. Thank you for your service in the Marine Corps, by the way.

Not infringing on others might not be an objective standard, regardless of the percentage. Unless a smoker inhales but does not exhale--and perhaps this is an issue where the 99% rule could indeed apply, but I suspect at least 99% of smokers exhale, then the smoke is out there for others to encounter. A comedian years ago tried to compare smoking to drinking--if drinkers were like smokers, he said, they would do this--and he then lifted a glass, took a sip, then sprayed/spit it out in a wide arc. I thought it was funny, but I also thought he had a point.

But not to remove an adult's right to choose to smoke, I think the airport self-contained climate lounges are a decent approach in public areas, and perhaps some form of similar ventilation on cruise ships might help. But when I come back to the stateroom from playing blackjack, I reek of other people's cigarette smoke, and that is a function of smoking, and it is a form of infringement.

That said, since I'm not in the room with y'all, smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

The Mariner of the Seas leaving for Calif and Freedom is replacing her at Port Canaveral. I loved that ship, the Promanende was great and the fun we all had. My children loved the excitement on the Marti Gras and the Fun things that went on there. Is all the Voyager family like this ship?:)

We loved this ship first one we have ever been on, been a loyal friend to Carnival but not anymore. We will continue to go RCCL if they do somthing about the smoking issue.

thanks Rhit

Glad that you enjoyed cruising with Royal Caribbean. :D What would you like to see RC address in regards to smoking?

I don't know which smokers you see, but this is so far from the truth.

Now to go back on topic, is this ship only doing the 7 day variety or will it help out in the 2 and 3 night cruises CA is losing soon?

Archived