Bonus For Booking Next Cruise Onboard.

intotheoh

Hi everyone,

We're going to take a Hawaii cruise in 09 on POA. Since we're going to be on the Seattle CTN next week, does it make sense to wait until onboard to book? What types of offers do they have if you book onboard?

I've heard a stateroom credit is pretty standard, but on my last Disney Cruise they offered 10 percent off, which is pretty substantial.

Any thoughts?

Hi everyone,

We're going to take a Hawaii cruise in 09 on POA. Since we're going to be on the Seattle CTN next week, does it make sense to wait until onboard to book? What types of offers do they have if you book onboard?

I've heard a stateroom credit is pretty standard, but on my last Disney Cruise they offered 10 percent off, which is pretty substantial.

Any thoughts?

Depends on when you book your cruise really. The Jade had the pay $250 now towards a booking within the next year and receive an on board credit of $100. for present sailing. Which on the surface is a good deal if you are cruising and haven't booked your next trip as yet. The certificate can be used by booking directly with NCL or through a Travel Agent. Your date of travel must be within a year of the booking but you have up to two years from signing up to sail. (I think) Didn't read the fine print but I'm sure there is some. Check it out on your upcoming trip. I'm not sure if they offer this on the "Cruise to Nowhere" but doesn't hurt to ask.

The NCL future cruise reward doesn't offer a percentage off on your next cruise. Here's how it works:

You don't actually book your next cruise while on board. You purchase a certificate for a future cruise booking. You can purchase that, and then come home and decide at some later point where and when you want to cruise. The rules are: 1) you must book your future cruise within 1 year of certificate purchase and 2) you must sail within 2 years of certificate purchase. You may book with either NCL directly or a TA of your choice.

The cost is $250 per certificate which is good for booking one cabin on a future cruise. After you purchase it, you will receive an immediate $100 on board credit on your current cruise (the one you are on when you buy the certificate). In addition, when you actually book your next cruise, you simply supply your TA or NCL with the info about your cruise certificate and that is considered your full deposit. You do not have to pay the "normal" $250 per person upon making the reseravation. I do believe that applies only up to a certain category cabin as some of the suites, villa's, etc. requre an additonal deposit.

Bottom line if you do the math is that you are receiving $100 off your next cruise with the added advantage of a smaller deposit.

Hope this helps!

Actually, I just purchased one onboard the Sun last week, and I have 30 months to sail. I purchased mine on 4/18, and right on the certificate it says I must book by 4/18/09 and sail by 10/18/10. They calculate it to the day, because my daughter bought hers a few days befor I did, and her dates are a few days different from mine.

Also, to the person who asked if there is a limit: not sure if there was a limit, but I know we could have purchased more than one each. I don't think that you can apply more than one to each future cruise, but I may be mistaken on that one. Ii do know, however, that we were told onboard that the certificates can be transferred to other people. So, if you want to gift someone a $250 deposit, it will in effect only cost YOU $150, since you will get the $100 onboard credit.

Oh, and there is a thirty day window in which to cancel your certificate. Hope this helped.

I didn't know I could gift those. That might work out great. Thanks.

We purchased one & I told my TA to I wanted to use it on a cruise with a friend NCL said no as it was in my husbands name ! I had purchased it with the ships card. I had to call NCL myself to get the name changed , but as usual Miami staff are no well informed. its the same with the upgrade certificate , you have to wait unil a month befor to see if you have been upgraded & then told there is no availabilety in that catorgory,

We've actually bought the Cruise Rewards on the Gem, Star, and now the Jade. It is the easiest programme I've seen out there. You can buy up to 4 of them. They are good 1 per cabin and holds the entire cabin no matter how many in the room. You can give them away to friends and family.

It's new for NCL and they've only been doing it since middle of 2007 from what I hear. Ms. Jennifer Pershouse was the fleet managerial onboard the Norwegian Jade. She said the ideal is to simply make it easier for guests to return. The low deposit and the immediate onboard credit of 100 US Dollars is a great bargain. And yes, you have 12 months to book and 2.5 years to sail. We've done this 3 times now and love it.

Why any other cruise line doesn't offer it is strange. Princess is close but the deposit is still per person and the onboard credit is for the next passage. I think NCL got this right this time.

I'll tell you, the cruise rewards program makes it real difficult to go to another cruise line.

I'm looking into summer 2009 for Alaska and the Pearl has the exact itinerary I'm looking for. Pearl price is already less then the HA and Princess ship I'm looking at. I can also get a fantastic deal through my TA on NCL sailings and when you throw in the cruise rewards, how can I not book NCL? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with NCL but had really thought about trying another line for Alaska since I haven't cruised any of them in quite a while. But it looks like I'm not going anywhere! :D

Archived