Any Suggestions for Hotels in Madrid, Spain

Does anyone have any suggestions for nice hotels in Madrid, Spain?

We were in Madrid for 2 nights in February 2007. We stayed at the Gran Hotel Canarias with our 2 daughters (18 & 23) based on reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is next door to the Westin and across the street from the Ritz (pretty good neighbors) at more than half the price. The Prado museum is across the street, and the other 2 famous museums are within 2 blocks one way and 5 blocks the other. The hop-on/hop-off bus stop is in front of the hotel. The rooms are smaller than US but very modern. There were flat screen TV's, marble bathrooms and it included a full buffet breakfast. We were very pleased. The staff was helpful and nice. There is no real concierge but they did recommend a great reataurant for paella and made reservations. We enjoyed our stay very much.

I agree that staying near the Prado Museum is the best part of town. Madrid is a lovely city. I did the hop-on-hop-off bus around the city and the area around the Prado is very central and good for sightseeing.

I stayed north of the city and it was just ok. All the history is around the Prado.

We were in Madrid for 2 nights in February 2007. We stayed at the Gran Hotel Canarias with our 2 daughters (18 & 23) based on reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is next door to the Westin and across the street from the Ritz (pretty good neighbors) at more than half the price. The Prado museum is across the street, and the other 2 famous museums are within 2 blocks one way and 5 blocks the other. The hop-on/hop-off bus stop is in front of the hotel. The rooms are smaller than US but very modern. There were flat screen TV's, marble bathrooms and it included a full buffet breakfast. We were very pleased. The staff was helpful and nice. There is no real concierge but they did recommend a great reataurant for paella and made reservations. We enjoyed our stay very much.[/quote

Ooops! I meant to say that the Gran Canarias was less than half the price at the time.

You might want to check out the Intercontinental Castellana. It's been several years since I stayed there, but it was quite nice. Ava Gardner used to live there. It is just up the street from the Prado, very easy walk.

Archived