NewCruiser on Royal Caribbean last weekend

I was told that we would love this ship not a doubt, we do, but I was also told that the New comers to Royal Caribbean will be getting a Free Photo and a compliementry anniversary cake for our 2nd formal we attended. This did not happen What Happened here? Why was my friends treated differently when they went to Grandeur of the Seas in Tampa and We did not get a Free Photo nor a party or anything, Since we have never tried Royal Caribbean before that was our friends also first time on RCCL.

Can a owner or a rep explain this to us? thanks

Rhit:rolleyes:

We've sailed RCCL 3 times and didn't get a free cake or a free photo. Actually we got a free photo of the ship when we purchased an 8x10 photo of us and used a crown and anchor coupon. Not sure what your friend was talking about. Maybe her TA ordered these things for her.

My friend went on the Granduer of the seas this past Dec 2007 and sailed out of tampa during the christmas week. She got an anniversary cake at her 2nd formal night and she got a party in her honor. Why did she get that and we got nothing. Its like Carnival if you were a First time cruiser for Carnival they gave you a party, and a picture photo and a welcome cake at your table and that was ALL FREE>>> We got it when we traveled the first time for carnival in 2000. That is when we started cruising. and never will ever stop. Love it.

Home away from home!!

NO One is pulling my leg i just spoke to my friend she said she got a Free Photo of her and her husband and A anniv cake they were married on Dec 25th so it was their anniv cake and it was FREE. She said the ship was ok but not as big as Carnivals Glory.. she did like Granduer of the seas.

Rhita

Perhaps they had a special promotion on that cruise. Xmas cruises are often nearly double the cost of non-holiday cruises, so there may have been a couple freebies. It is also possible that it was a gift of the travel agent if a travel agent was used. I have never heard of Royal Caribbean doing anniversary cakes, parties, or free photos to first time cruisers as a standard practice.

I think you are just stirring the pot. I've never heard of such a thing on either line. I sailed Carnival for the first time a few years ago and didn't get anything. Nor did I EXPECT anything. Do you think you were the only one on the ship to have an anniversary? Imagine the prices if they gave everyone who sailed for their anniversary a party.

I think you are just stirring the pot. I've never heard of such a thing on either line. I sailed Carnival for the first time a few years ago and didn't get anything. Nor did I EXPECT anything. Do you think you were the only one on the ship to have an anniversary? Imagine the prices if they gave everyone who sailed for their anniversary a party.

Couple of the OP's threads were already deleted.

:)

Maybe I shouldn't, but RED HOT ITALIAN TRAVELER:

Every thread that you've started or added to (as far as the RCI boards go) has been negative, with one of the threads being removed quite quickly just today.

If your post is real, well I'm sorry you were informed incorrectly by your 'friend'.

I can't wait for all the cakes and parties on my upcoming cruise:

May 1: Feast of the Ascension.

May 2: Holocaust Remembrance Day.

May 3: Polish Constitution Day.

May 4: I turn 3,250,000 Seconds Old.

May 5: Cinco de Mayo.

I certainly am expecting cake and a photo for each of these holidays. :cool:

I can't wait for all the cakes and parties on my upcoming cruise:

May 1: Feast of the Ascension.

May 2: Holocaust Remembrance Day.

May 3: Polish Constitution Day.

May 4: I turn 3,250,000 Seconds Old.

May 5: Cinco de Mayo.

I certainly am expecting cake and a photo for each of these holidays. :cool:

Don't forget the free anniversary cake even if you don't have an anniversary (RCI just gives you one because one of your friends got one months ago). :D

You also get a free photo for EACH of the occasions you have listed. ;)

You also get a free photo for EACH of the occasions you have listed. ;)

I better! After all, my friend did. :D

Do you know if it is one free photo per cabin, or per person?

Also, do I have to notify the cruise line I am turning 3,250,000 seconds while aboard, or will they automatically recognize this milestone?

Only free photo was if we bought one we got one free or with a coupon. Of course it isn't really free. They call that marketing, like free shipping... (not really free).:)

ROFL! You guys crack me up!

Hey can I borrow someone's anniversary for my upcoming Sovereign cruise? I want that free cake, photo and party every night!!

I'll trade you my anniversary cake for a RCL logo cookbook.

Only free photo was if we bought one we got one free or with a coupon. Of course it isn't really free. They call that marketing, like free shipping... (not really free).:)

Wow, I have had my photo taken for free many times on every cruise I've been on. :D

I bet we've had 10 anniversaries on RCI ships, including once on the Grandeur, and will be celebrating our 35th on a b2b in September. In the old days, you would get a cake in the dining room and the waiters would gather and sing something unintelligible like Happy Bursary, but those days, like my girlish figure are gone. :( Oh they still sing, but the cake isn't free anymore.

Is that the C&A gift this year?

It was the gift they were giving to people charged the fuel surcharge who had made a deposit prior to the fuel surcharge announcement. Once they began refunding those surcharges they ceased giving out the cookbooks.

Archived