Legend Connecting Balcony Cabins

craftycousins

Hi,

I have an just about to pay a deposit on two extended balcony cabins on the Legend for sailing 11/9/09, the TA has allocated rooms 8230 and 8232, I was unable to get connecting rooms as there were none avalaible and she suggested that connecting balconys can anyone confirm that the divider can be opened between these rooms I can't find any info that says it can.

Appreciate any help you can give me, we are a family of 4 traveling with grandparents and two young kids so was really hoping to be able to put the kids to sleep and hang out in the other room but still able to keep a close eye on them

Thanks

First of all, it is my understanding that you have to ask to have the balcony dividers removed once you are on the ship and possibly that request can be refused. I would not want to wait til then to find out that we cannot connect. Also if you have small children I would feel a bit unsafe having them go back and forth between cabins through the balcony.

I am in this same situation. There are 6 of us. We do not book the older Carnival ships for this reason. Right now we have 2 connecting oceanview cabins booked on the Victory and are putting 3 in each cabin. Last year we went on Mariner of the Seas in connecting balcony cabins. I think the Valor and Liberty have connecting balcony cabins that would be better for you.

By the way has anyone been refused when asked to have the balcony dividers open?

Yes, dividers can be opened. They are not removed. When you board, go to the pursers desk with a representative from each of the two cabins. You each must request that the divider be opened. A maintenance crew member will then come by on Monday morning and open the divider for you.

I say to do this right after you board because they do limit the number of dividers that they open on the ship. You want to get your name on the list ASAP.

Dividers can be opened by yourself as well! ;) We put in our request, but my grown son was anxious and wanted them open for our sailaway party, so using his car key he was able to open them! The cabin steward showed up about an hour later to open the rest. We put in our request as soon as we boarded.

Dividers can be opened by yourself as well! ;) We put in our request, but my grown son was anxious and wanted them open for our sailaway party, so using his car key he was able to open them! The cabin steward showed up about an hour later to open the rest. We put in our request as soon as we boarded.

Yes, they can be, but there is no way to secure them properly to the railing once they're opened. The maintenance crew has a special clamp they use to secure the open divider to the railing.

I'm not sure how he used a car key to open them though. On Spirit class ships the locks have a triangular shaped head. I've successfully used a needle-nose pliers to grip the head and twist it to open it, but I don't see how a car key would do that.

My experience only relates to Spirit class ships which the Legend is.

I think we had the same cabins in Dec 08. We put in a request on Sunday (they told us the other cabins would have to ok it too, but they never checked with them) by the next morning they were opened. The 3 cabins did have the same last name. (maybe that is why they didn't check)

We get up early, so we ordered the room service with enough coffee ect for the whole group. Coffee was still warm when the others woke up.

According to Cruisedeckplans dot com, these balconys do not connect.

However, the site also says that NONE of the balconys on the panorama deck connect, so I'm not really sure. Call your PVP and ask.

Mark

We had upper deck forward extended balconies.........

2416044640089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

and verandah deck regular balconies.....

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

both times we put in a request at the pursers desk to have them opened. Both times the dividers opened to the rail and were secured with the clamp. Put yourself in the aft of the cabins so that when the divider is secured to the rail, your area will have full balcony rail not blocked by the divider.

Archived