Early Dining and Kid's Clubs?

kmmi45

We signed up for the main dining time on Royal Caribbean's Liberty next spring. How does that work out if your kids want to go to the kid's club in the evening? Will I have to get up in the middle of dinner and take them? Will they even have time to eat? I think dinner is at 6:30, but I'm not sure.

We were on the Freedom last month and had early dinner seating at 6:00. They were very good about getting the kids' food out quickly, so by the time I was done eating my entree, they were ready to go. I would then leave and take them to Adventure Ocean and come back for dessert. Worked out great!

Why didn't it work out?? I've never used kids club, but I thought it was a drop in service. Are you restricted to certain times to drop them off?

We plan to use the clubs on Carnival in October, early seating.

Yes, the kid's clubs are not open all day. It's not an all day/all night drop in and out service. You would have to check the times for your ship.

We did EXACTLY what Mama2Tay did. We were on FOS and our meain seating dinner was at 6pm. The servers got the kid's food right away. We were able to walk them up to AO by 7pm and then head back for dessert.

Thanks. That sounds like something we could do.

Yes, the kid's clubs are not open all day. It's not an all day/all night drop in and out service. You would have to check the times for your ship.

So, let me get this straight: you have to sign up for a particular drop-off time? Wow, remind me not take my kids on Carnival. We've sailed NCL with our two kids twice (third time this coming June). And, we have always been able to drop off the kids whenever we wanted to (once the Kid Crew opened). If we ate dinner at 6:00, we just drop them off afterwards at any time until they closed.

So, let me get this straight: you have to sign up for a particular drop-off time? Wow, remind me not take my kids on Carnival. We've sailed NCL with our two kids twice (third time this coming June). And, we have always been able to drop off the kids whenever we wanted to (once the Kid Crew opened). If we ate dinner at 6:00, we just drop them off afterwards at any time until they closed.

That is not what I said. I merely meant that the Club was not open all the time and you need to check the operating hours of the club. The question was, "Are you restricted to certain times to drop them off", and my answer was you can only drop them off during the hours the club is open, not that you have to make reservations.

I misunderstood the above post. Which is why I asked the question. I meant if you waited until after dinner was over, would you miss a drop off time.

So the reason it didn't work out was: the kid's club opened while you were still at dinner. The kid wanted to go right away.

So it wouldn't be a problem to drop off after dinner (as long as the child is patient anyway).

I knew the club was only open certain hours, I just didn't understand why early dining would be a problem.

Got it.

Thanks.

That is not what I said. I merely meant that the Club was not open all the time and you need to check the operating hours of the club. The question was, "Are you restricted to certain times to drop them off", and my answer was you can only drop them off during the hours the club is open, not that you have to make reservations.

Oh, OK, gotcha. No biggie. Our kids LOVE the Kid Crew. But, they also know that dinner time is family time (just like at home). So, they don't even ASK to go to the Kid Crew until dessert is served :) Then, it's a race to see who can get there first!

We have tried early and late dining on the Mariner with our kids. The late dining seemed to interfere more with the planned activities in Adventure Ocean. Most of them seemed to start about 7:00. The adults loved the late dining as we had more time to relax at port or at the pool, however the kdis did miss a lot of the fun planned evening activities. We have asked for main dining for our Adventure of the Seas cruise for this reason.

We had Main seating (dinner at 6PM) except for 1st night as sailaway was 6PM (so dinner 6:15ish) and Cozumel port (in port until 6 so 6:30pm dinner). Me or my husband just excused ourself from table and brought DS age 6 up to AO at 7PM - he could not wait to go. Also, 3 time during the 7 night cruise(on both formal nights and one other night) AO offered drop off at 5:45PM at Johnny Rockets for kids......had to signup in the morning to have your child attend - they ate there and then went to AO.

You will be fine!:)

Archived