Boston Mass.,????

JJHNLC

Boston's cruise port, Black Falcon Terminal, is an awesome location and with the parking much more affordable then New York you'd think it's a no brainer to have ships and go there to sail but a lot of ships still home port in NYC due to the higher population center. Maybe all that will change with the higher fuel prices when cruise lines realize that people are not going to spend crazy amounts to fly and pick up the ships in FL.

Anyway, what ever questions you have I'd be happy to answer. I've dropped people off at Black Falcon and have been there many a times to watch the ships sail out into the harbor when in Boston during the fall. I'm actually sailing on the NCL Dream out of Boston this May!

Ask away! :D

HI -- We're from Maine and did a Boston to Bermuda in Sept of 07. We loved that we could drive to the port. Personally, I found the port area to be a bit chaotic -- not as organized as Miami, but certainly less crazy than NY City. Also, the area where you check in is a bit congested but that's just a minor complaint. The sail away out of Boston harbor is great. The best thing though is just not having to fly anywhere. Bermuda is such a treat -- I hope you enjoy it. If budget and vacation time allow, I may book this cruise too.

having sailed the Majesty to Bermuda from Boston over 8 times, it will be interesting and nice to see how people react to having the Dream take over for one year (although September 2008 will be replaced with Canadian trips) and then the Spirit in 2009. A good opportunity to sample different Norwegian ships.

Weary. free to offer any suggestions you want about Bermuda..and/or the Black Falcon area

Thanks for all the great information. We are pretty sure we are booking this cruise. Any other information will be great. What did you think of Bermuda? We have only sailed to the Caribbean Islands.

Boston's cruise port, Black Falcon Terminal, is an awesome location and with the parking much more affordable then New York you'd think it's a no brainer to have ships and go there to sail but a lot of ships still home port in NYC due to the higher population center. Maybe all that will change with the higher fuel prices when cruise lines realize that people are not going to spend crazy amounts to fly and pick up the ships in FL.

Anyway, what ever questions you have I'd be happy to answer. I've dropped people off at Black Falcon and have been there many a times to watch the ships sail out into the harbor when in Boston during the fall. I'm actually sailing on the NCL Dream out of Boston this May!

Ask away! :D

Great info! We'll be on the Dream's 2-night in May so we are driving up from NJ that Friday. We are looking forward to it!

NYC metro area is 25 million people or so, and from NY, NJ, PA, or CT it's very, very easy to get to the ports. That's why so many ships sail from this area--NCL, RCCL, Cunard, Carnival and Princess all have regular sailings out of the area. It's brought the NY and NJ ports back to life.

For us, a cruise that starts and ends in NY is always a treat because we don't have to fly and that makes things MUCH easier and more flexible for us. We don't have to worry about luggage weight or all the airline lines and security. Our door-to-door travel time is LESS than just getting to JFK when we are forced to fly out of there rather than Newark.

Even so, driving to Boston is FAR easier than flying to Miami.

Thanks for all the great information. We are pretty sure we are booking this cruise. Any other information will be great. What did you think of Bermuda? We have only sailed to the Caribbean Islands.

We want to book Bermuda as our next cruise. My sister says it is her favorite. It is supposed to be beautiful and relaxing.

Bermuda and St George are just to die for.. minutes away from St Catherines and Tobacco Bay beaches.. The White Horse Tavern across the dock from where you tie up is a real enjoyable lunch out feeding the fishes water side. Don't forget to moped or bus/cab ride over to the Swizzle Inn and have a pitcher or two.. and if you're a golfer the St George golf course is REALLY reasonable and provides you with some of the best scenery on the island.. and that's without leaving St George! beyond that.. Elbow Beach, the aquarium, Crystal Caves.. the Dockyard.. the ferries... it's like staying on the island at a hotel for 3 1/2 days and a cruise to boot! you'll just love it!

Weary of Dark and Stormy fame

Archived