To/from San Diego port

scopewest

Just want to say thanks for all the info I got from these boards. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Bay, and we caught their free shuttle at the airport after a short wait. The next morning we walked to the ship (five minutes)with no problem. The only hassle was waiting for the light to change so we could cross the street, it seemed like forever :)

We usually take Carnival's transfers to the airport but realized it would cost $48 for the three of us for what would be a short ride. We were in a Cat. 12 suite and got zone 7 luggage tags. Zones 1-7 were the first group to exit the Elation, and it was the fastest I've ever gotten off a ship. We got our luggage, walked to the taxi line, and hopped in a taxi. It cost us $8.40 per the meter (plus tip).

We'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Hahah, I know that light too! Our experience on the Elation was similar and we were parked right across the street so didn't have to wait for anyone anywere (except for the misplaced suitcase), it was really easy!!

In October '05 we arrived in San Diego on Celebrity Infinity. From the time they called our disembarkation group to curbside at the traffic light was 15 minutes! That included retrieving our luggage and clearing "customs" (an agent strolling around the warehouse collecting declaration forms).

We hung around the Holiday Inn until everyone in our group showed up, walked to the station and took Amtrak home.

Archived