Vision Thoughts....

We are considering a Mex Rev cruise out of LA in Sept 08 after we attend a conference. We are wondering what people's views are who have been on the Vision recently. We just returned from the Radiance which we loved. We know the Vision doesn't have speciality restaurants but this date and departure ports works for us. We are looking at an aft balcony on Deck 7 and wondering how the seas and weather will be during the time.

Anyone care to share their thoughts???

Thanks

The Vision is a lovely ship. As you said, she doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that a Radiance class ship does, but she has many of the same features that make Radiance so nice, especially lots of glass in the common areas so that you never forget you're on the ocean.

We have sailed on decks 7 and 8 on the stern of the ship. It can get rocky, especially on the last sea day returning from Mexico, but to me it's worth it to have one of those nice big balconies.

The food is good, not great, but you won't go hungry. I didn't care for the Solarium cafe food - the burgers had too much oregano for my taste and I thought the pizza was awful. The Windjammer can have some temperature control problems - the food is cooked downstairs and brought up the elevator (some design genius decided that a dedicated kitchen wasn't necessary).

The ports of call can't rival the Caribbean ports for beauty IMHO, but there's plenty to do - my favorite is the America's Cup yacht races offered in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

we went on Vision 10/1/06 and the weather, seas everything was lovely! We had the best time, so much fun that we are going again same ship, same destination 9/7/08 but in a balcony this time! Our fave was the Sea of Cortez (from Cabo to Maz) at night...so eerily calm and beautiful!

Thanks critterchick and trislow for your comments. I guess if we don't have high expectations, we won't be disappointed. As long as Vision is well maintained and not run down and Vision keeps the standard of service the Radiance does, we should be good:) . It was nice to have the option of the speciality restaurants while we were on Radiance but we only dined at Portofino this time and the rest of the cruise all of us were pleased with the meals, atmosphere and staff in the dining room

We haven't done the MR so it'll be nice to see some new places.

Keep the comments coming....

I think Vision offers a superior dining room experience to Radiance. For whatever reason, the worst food we've had on RCI has been on Radiance, and we've found on all 4 of that class of ship the dining rooms are really chaotic. I would eat in the Windjammer on Radiance over the dining room (it probably helps that the WJ manager is the Captain's wife), but on Vision I don't think the WJ would serve up a very good dinner - I've always liked the dining room well enough that I didn't feel the need to try it.

oh and I forgot to mention the passenger flow on Vision is amazing. There are public areas that you can even be alone, like the muster deck and some of the bars have very low traffic! If you do the MR, in Cabo try the Chileno bay snorkeling tour! It was so much fun we are doing it again! I don't recall ever waiting long for anything. The CD on this ship is a bit on the corny and ridiculous side so if you aren't into that, just avoid him! If you can!!!!!

oh and I forgot to mention the passenger flow on Vision is amazing. There are public areas that you can even be alone, like the muster deck and some of the bars have very low traffic! If you do the MR, in Cabo try the Chileno bay snorkeling tour! It was so much fun we are doing it again! I don't recall ever waiting long for anything. The CD on this ship is a bit on the corny and ridiculous side so if you aren't into that, just avoid him! If you can!!!!!

Who is the CD?

Archived