Carnival Glory Wedding in August

dj addicted

I know this is my first post and I am excited to say that my fiance and myself will be getting married on the Glory this coming August.

I did a search for 'wedding' in the Carnival section and I am not getting any results that actually reflect my keyword. Has anybody else been married on the Glory before? Afterwards, we will be going on the Western Carribbean cruise which we are really looking forward to.

Any info, pictures, or even links would be grateful.

Thanks

Bryan:D

All I know is that weddings are taken care of onboard by the company TWE (The Wedding Experience). If you look around, you'll find quite a few reviews of their service....some good, some bad. There were too many bad reviews for my liking so my fiance & I decided to get married in St. Thomas while we were in port there. The main complaint we read about was that they seemed very apathetic toward your wedding. For the amount of money that they charge, I expect them to be nearly as excited about it as I am!

We found our own wedding planner on the island & took care of everything ourselves. It's going to be cheaper & better than what was offered by TWE.

We'll be getting married on June 4th during our Valor eastern Caribbean cruise.

Good luck finding the info you need & on your upcoming wedding!

I know this is my first post and I am excited to say that my fiance and myself will be getting married on the Glory this coming August.

I did a search for 'wedding' in the Carnival section and I am not getting any results that actually reflect my keyword. Has anybody else been married on the Glory before? Afterwards, we will be going on the Western Carribbean cruise which we are really looking forward to.

Thanks

Never did it myself, but members of our group have. They were married on the Conquest. It sounds as if you are getting married in port, and then sailing. Is this correct?

Do you have specific questions we can help you with?

I just attended a wedding on the Elation. The ceremony was fine (bride supplied the minister), the reception was approximately 1-1/2 hours in one of the lounges with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, open bar, and wedding cake. Waiters circulated with drinks or you could order what you wanted at the bar. Cake was delicious. There were about 75 people there, and about 40 of us went on the cruise. The others had on visitor badges and had to leave the ship 45 minutes before the lifeboat drill.

My only comment would be that there was no "announcer" type person that you're used to at weddings who says okay, first dance, time to cut the cake, blah blah, so you might want to appoint a friend to do that for you. The b&g just went ahead and did all this without a head's up so that we all could quit drinking and watch :)

Good luck with your plans.

we've got pretty much everything under control with the wedding. I was just wondering if there are any pointers, pictures and such. Everything is already booked. For instance, I did hear that the cake topper they give you is pretty cheesy, so we got our own. The wedding experience personnel have been very helpful and able to answer all my questions within the same day via email or telephone.

We were married on Glory in june 05 with an eastern itinerary.

We married before the ship sailed. We flew in the night before and stayed at a wonderful hotel, had a great dinner (with transportation to the place and back to the hotel) and i hired a limo to take us from the hotel to where i was getting my hair and make up done. Then we taxied to the port.

The key to pictures is to really "barter" with them.. we got our whole cd and a bunch of pics for a few hundred dollars.

The food was wonderful, although we did not have anyone else there, the one person that was coming was not onboard in enough time.. we had originally booked with the idea a bunch of people from our group were going and then we booked and planned the wedding and the group sort of fizzled.

The regular boquet was nice.. i ordered 2.. but if you have any questions you can email me at christimom6@hotmail.com

It was a wonderful time..

One of our daughters was married on the Glory, it was so wonderful other daughter is also doing a cruise wedding. We had great experience with TWE they were allways very helpful. We still have people comment how fun the wedding was esp those who cruised!:) Carnival did a fantastic job from start to finish. The wedding was held in the Green Room then there was and 1 1/2 hour reception with a DJ in the White Heat Lounge. The DJ made the announcements for the first dance, cake cutting etc. We couldn't get over how great the service was.

You will find lots of info in the wedding section here at CC message boards. Have fun and Congratulations!!!!!

thank you very much for all of your replies.. We both are so excited about going. My fiance and I are the only two sailing and we kinda like it that way. This way we can really enjoy each others company and if we want, we can just lounge around with no plans at all.

Thanks

What week in August are you getting married?? Just wondering if you don't mind.

I was married on the Glory last April. Infact we just celebrated our 1 year anniversary last week. We had sailing and non sailing guests. We did the Western Cruise. It was wonderful and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Archived