Help me decide PLEASE!!!! :)

PBNJ620

I can't decide if a cruise to New England is something that I'd really like. I've always cruised to warmer climates! HELP! Also, always sailed on Royal and am considering a concierge class on Constellation for 13 days. (I've posted that last part elsewhere but thought maybe I'd catch someone here that didn't see it on the other thread). I really can't decide! Is 13 days for New England Cruise too much? Who would recommend?

We loved this itinerary and would definitely do it again. Not sure of all the port stops you'll make.

The departure from NYC is wonderful. We loved Boston, visited Fenway Park. Portland visited Kennebunkport. Saint John, saw the reversing falls and enjoyed the city. Halifax, we visited the Titanic Cemetery, Citadel, and enjoyed the boardwalk area.

I just convinced my husband to take a New England/Canada cruise in October on the Caribbean Princess. He was reluctant because we've always cruised to warm climates, other than our 1 Alaska cruise almost 25 years ago. But I was getting just a little tired of the "same stuff, different island" cruises. Our variety of Caribbean ports out of NYC is very limited and I wanted to try something different.

I told him not to think of it as a cruise as we know it. Think of it as a land vacation with lots of sightseeing and the ship is merely our transportation and hotel. Our cruise is only 7 days and very port intensive, so I don't think we'll miss the deck, pool and other outdoor activities too much.

I can't decide if a cruise to New England is something that I'd really like. I've always cruised to warmer climates! HELP! Also, always sailed on Royal and am considering a concierge class on Constellation for 13 days. (I've posted that last part elsewhere but thought maybe I'd catch someone here that didn't see it on the other thread). I really can't decide! Is 13 days for New England Cruise too much? Who would recommend?

I did 12 day New England/Canada on Constellation in CC 6143 in Sept/Oct '06 and it was fantastic. The only problem we had at all was a change to the itinerary. We were supposed to do Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, Halifax and have an at sea day on the Northbound leg before arriving into Quebec City, then do Saint John New Brunswick with 2 "at sea" days on the Southbound leg before returning to Bayonne. But we were handed a 3x5 card upon boarding changing to all stops Northbound, with 3 "at sea" days for the Southbound leg. By the 3rd day, we were climbing the walls. We packed, then repacked, then read, then shopped, then played cards, and took naps, it was a long long long return trip.

Other than that the ship, the ports, the history, the scenery were all terrific. We had such beautiful fall colors the further North we sailed. Quebec City was absolutely picture postcard beautiful (even in the pouring rain). For someone that hasn't been to New England before, there was something to enjoy at every turn. I would and have highly recommended Celebrity Constellation and the New England/Canada cruise.

Archived