Question about class of ship.

momofmeg

I remember reading that another line besides RCI had ships with the same hull as the RCI radience class ships. I was wondering if it was the HAL vista class.

I only ask this because I know from my recent cruise that the vista class has the glass elevators mid ship that you can see the ocean from, when you are out at sea.

I know the radience class has elevators like this also -so I was wondering if thse ships had the same hull? If not, I am interested in knowing which line has ships made the same as the radience class on RCI.

Here is a list of cruise ships built by Meyer Werft since 2001 from Wikipedia.

Passenger ships built at Meyer Werft GmbH (selection)

As a pure guess, around the time they were building the Radiance class ships they were building ships for NCL.

As I can see from the list posted by parody, I would guess that the hulls must be very similar, and perhaps the only difference is in the superstructures. It would make sense in ships built by tha same shipyard being similar in size, as it would lower the production costs.

Shipyards tend to try to use as much as they can from previous ships in a newbuild.

I'm just guessing, though...

Regards!

The Celebrity M-class was built on the same hull as the Radiance class.

The NCL ships are NOT built on the same hull as the Radiance class.

OK, good to know, I was just guessing. I still suppose there must be important similarities.

Regards and thanks for the info!

I remember reading that another line besides RCI had ships with the same hull as the RCI radience class ships. I was wondering if it was the HAL vista class.

I only ask this because I know from my recent cruise that the vista class has the glass elevators mid ship that you can see the ocean from, when you are out at sea.

I know the radience class has elevators like this also -so I was wondering if thse ships had the same hull? If not, I am interested in knowing which line has ships made the same as the radience class on RCI.

Hal Vista and Carnival Spirit class are built on the same hull.

The Celebrity M-class was built on the same hull as the Radiance class.

The NCL ships are NOT built on the same hull as the Radiance class.

I was on the Connie and I asked a fellow cruiser who had been on Jewel of the Seas if the ships had the same layout because the Connie also had the glass elevators, although situated differant the the HAL vista class. He said no, that the glass elevators were in a very differant area on Jewel of the Seas.

Hal Vista and Carnival Spirit class are built on the same hull.

Well I was on the Miracle (spirit class) and the ships are VERY differant. The Miracle has a huge glizty atruim with the glass elevators that go up the atruim, simliar to RCI voyager class ships and the Carnival Fanasty class. (I HATE those atruims), the Westerdam had a centrum area and class elevators that ran up both sides of the ship but the glass elevators were not at the centrum area, though not far from it. I love centrums to me they are more "classy" then atruims with their beautiful circling staricases for 3 decks.

Okay, I guess I am trying to ask if the RCI radience class glass elevators are more similar to the Constellation or the Westerdam.

Well I was on the Miracle (spirit class) and the ships are VERY differant. The Miracle has a huge glizty atruim with the glass elevators that go up the atruim, simliar to RCI voyager class ships and the Carnival Fanasty class. (I HATE those atruims), the Westerdam had a centrum area and class elevators that ran up both sides of the ship but the glass elevators were not at the centrum area, though not far from it. I love centrums to me they are more "classy" then atruims with their beautiful circling staricases for 3 decks.

Okay, I guess I am trying to ask if the RCI radience class glass elevators are more similar to the Constellation or the Westerdam.

Hulls are the same but, you can put anything you want in them. I like the atriums and the Vista elevators on the outside.

Hulls are the same but, you can put anything you want in them. I like the atriums and the Vista elevators on the outside.

I love the glass elevators that face the ocean. The Connie's was nice but the HAL vista class were situated where you could see even more. I loved that. If the radience class elevators are as nice as the vista class (as far as seeing the ocean) then I feel I would enjoy a radience class ship.

So I guess it is not important if the hull is the same but how the glass elevators are. I knew the staterooms were dropped in later, after the ship was built, but I thought if the hull was the same then areas of where the centrum, showlounge, dinningrooms, etc. would be simliar but now I know I was wrong. I would have NEVER guessd the spirit class and the vista class was the same hull.

Thanks for explaining.

On the Radiance class, the elevators are in the Centrum area on the port side of the ship. And they have 4 elevators that face out to sea with glass from deck 2 or 3 (I can't remember where it starts) all the way up to deck 12. There are also 2 elevators that look out over the Centrum.

On the Radiance class, the elevators are in the Centrum area on the port side of the ship. And they have 4 elevators that face out to sea with glass from deck 2 or 3 (I can't remember where it starts) all the way up to deck 12. There are also 2 elevators that look out over the Centrum.

Okay sort've like the Connie and sort've like the Westerdam. The westerdam had two on each side of the ship, where as the Connie had two just on one side that faced the ocean and two more next to those two but they just allowed you to see in the ship as they were not facing the outside of the ship.

I am asking because I amlooking at 10 day Panama Canal trips from Ft. Lauderdale. The Jewel of the seas has one week tha tis about $300 less then the zuiderdam.

I really loved the Westerdam, mainly because of the glass elevators, how beautiful the ship was and the food. Now food, I can do with the food not being so good, so it would not be so tempting! I would be happy just having the filet mignon one night at Chops!

Archived