Sun Princess Balcony Cabins

Sailaway John

About to thinking about a cruise on the Sun Princess and would like to know about the size of balcony cabins. There will be 2 of us. Is there much storage space, etc. Do you have enough space to move about comfortably. Interested in comments and would appreciate them.

The Sun Princess was our favorite ship, mainly for it's mini suites as they are wonderful and closer to full suites on the larger ships in the fleet.

We have had a balcony stateroom once on the Dawn, which is the Sun's twin sister.

Remember, a balcony stateroom on Princess is more or less just a bedroom. As for space to get around comfortably. There is one upholstered chair and one desk chair in a balcony stateroom, along with a desk, and twins/queen bed. We found that to pass each other at the end of the bed it got real cozy and one of us usually had to climb over one of the beds to pass. As I said, a bit on the cozy side. ;)

The bathroom is compact with small shower only.

Storage seems to be OK, nice sized closet and storage.

The balcony is small but large enough to have coffee or cocktails on for two people. The size is about 3 1/2 feet deep by about 9 feet wide. There is a small round table and two straight back chairs on the balcony and that is about all there is room for. As said, nice for coffee or a drink, or just watching the ocean, but not large by any means.

The attached picture here is the DOUBLE length of our balcony on the Sun Princess. DH and I were next door to my parents on our June 2007 cruise. We opened the divider between the balconies. DH was sitting in the chair at the near end of my parents balcony while I was sitting at the far end of ours. I can't believe DH didn't take a picture of the actual cabin!

1399238229_alaska111.jpg.cddeab8d6e29d0c4804118d7cb71520b.jpg

Very tiny cabins and very narrow balconies, just like Toto said. Although we were going to Alaska, it was very warm weather so we kept the balcony door open for the entire trip and called the balcony our "living room." It was scrunchy, but it was nicer than sitting on our beds the whole time. My previous cruises had been on Carnival which has much bigger rooms - it was quite a shock to see how small the Sun Princess rooms and bathrooms were. I would definitely get a minisuite on the Sun or Dawn if I went again.

Archived