Motorcycle Tour

MCManders99

Does anyone know of an independent tour operator who does the motorcycle island tours? I know Royal Caribbean offers it but it is $450. I want to do this tour buit I would like to find it cheaper than booking through them. Thanks

Found this

Motorcycle Rentals are available but if you're not experienced, don't do it. Occasional unexpected potholes are not fun on bikes. Neither are widely scattered tropical showers (no overpasses here to wait under.) You can rent a Harley on the Union Road in Cole Bay; local # is 011-5995-42779. We've never rented one so they don't know us, but you can tell them anyway. :)

My fiancee and I both ride Harleys and thought of this BEFORE we took a cab ride around the island. Tight roads, bad road conditions, a donkey or chicken in the road and crazy drivers. After that cab ride we say No way...LOL:eek:

<snip>Tight roads, bad road conditions, a donkey or chicken in the road and crazy drivers. After that cab ride we say No way...LOL:eek:

The roads are really not that bad at all, and in 27 years visiting the island we have NEVER seen a donkey in the road. Actually, have never seen a donkey on the island!

Check out the SuperBikes website.

gary

The roads are really not that bad at all, and in 27 years visiting the island we have NEVER seen a donkey in the road. Actually, have never seen a donkey on the island!

Check out the SuperBikes website.

gary

We were taken up into the hills to see a timeshare and we had to stop because there was a guy and his donkey in the road. They are real narrow also. Maybe there are main roads around the island that are good to take a bike on?? I would like to know as maybe we will reconsider. Also is there a helmet law required there?

thanks

Found this

Motorcycle Rentals are available but if you're not experienced, don't do it. Occasional unexpected potholes are not fun on bikes. Neither are widely scattered tropical showers (no overpasses here to wait under.) You can rent a Harley on the Union Road in Cole Bay; local # is 011-5995-42779. We've never rented one so they don't know us, but you can tell them anyway. :)

My fiancee and I both ride Harleys and thought of this BEFORE we took a cab ride around the island. Tight roads, bad road conditions, a donkey or chicken in the road and crazy drivers. After that cab ride we say No way...LOL:eek:

My DH is very experienced been riding for over 10 years. We have a Honda VTX 1800 and looking at getting a Triumph 2300 CC touring bike. We just don't want to rent one, we want to do a tour with a group for an excursion. We have never been to St Martin and wnat to stay with a tour. RCI has one but its $450!

We are renting a motorcycle in Saint Maarten as well! We found the cost through Princess to be too expensive, so I found this website.

http://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/StMaartenHarleyinParadise.htm

You rent a Harley Davidson for the day (6.5 hours) for $150 and it includes helmets, insurance (they require a deposit of $1000 on a CC when you get there and will give back the deposit once you return the bike with no damage), and a map. However, if you want a tour, you will need to rent at least 3 bikes.

I've the roads are a bit tough on the island, but we prepared as FI has been riding bike (motorcycles and dirtbikes) for at least 15 years. HTH!

Archived